- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Research for the production of blast furnace cement mortar using an alkaline activation method
알칼리 활성화 방법에 따른 고로슬래그 경화체 제조 연구
Shin, Jae-Ran;Lee, Ju-Yeol;Park, Byung-Hyun
- Received : 2016.04.19
- Accepted : 2016.05.31
- Published : 2016.06.01
This study was performed in order to obtain the effect of the compressive strength of the cured product with manufacturing conditions (amounts of fine aggregate and different types of alkali activator). Material which is the basis of the cured product was used for the blast furnace slag, which has a latent hydraulic activity. Consequently, when using sodium hydroxide as the alkali activator, it is possible to obtain a higher compressive strength than using the calcium hydroxide. And also, it can be added a 10% of fine aggregate with blast furnace slag to improve the compressive strength.
Blast Furnace Slag;Aqueous Alkali solution;Mortar;Compressive strength;Fine aggregate
- An, Y.J., Mun, K.J., Soh, S.Y., Soh, Y.S., (2006) Fundamental Properties of alkali Activated Slag Mortar with Different Activator Type, Magazine of the Korea Concrete Institute, November.
- Han, C.G., Son, S.H., Park, K.T. (2009) Effect of Recycled Aggregates Power on the Properties of Zero Cement Mortar Using the Blast Furnace Slag Powder and Recycled Fine Aggregates, JKCI 27(6), 99-106.
- Kim, G.W., Kim, B.J., Yang, G.H., Song, J.K (2012) Strength Development of Blended Sodium Alkaly-Activated Ground Granulated Blast-Furnace Slag (GGBS) Mortar, JKCI 24(2), 137-145. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2012.24.2.137
- Kim, W.K., Soh, J.S., Bae, D.I., Kim, H.S., Kim, H.J., (2003), HYPERLINK "http//www.cement.or.kr/tech_2011/readboard.asp\?tech_iden=72&ppage=4&tech_gubun=13"http://www.cement.or.kr/tech_2011/readboard.asp?tech_iden=72&ppage=4&tech_gubun=13, Magazine of the Korea Concrete Institute.
- Oh, S.H., Hong, S.H., Lee, K.M. (2014) Autogenous Shrinkage Properties of High Strength Alkali Activated Slag Mortal, J. Rec. Const Resources 2(1), 60-65.
- Moon, H.Y. and Shin, H.C. (2005) Effect of Alkali Activators on Early Compressive Strength of Blast-Furnace Slag Mortar, J. Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 9(3), 120-128.
- Park, S.K., Kwon, S.J., Kim, Y.M., Lee, S.S. (2013) Reaction Properties on Non-Cement Mortar Using Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag, JKCI. 13(9), 392-399.
- Park, S.S., Choi, S.G. (2013) A Study on Sannd Cementation and its Early-Strength Using Blast Furnace Slag and Alkaline Activators, J. Korean Geotechnical Soc. 29(4) 45-56.
- We, J.W. (2010) An Experimental Study on Light-weight Aggregate Concrete by Alkali-Activated Reaction., Master's Thesis, Konkuk University.
- Yang, G.H., Song, J.G. (2007) The Properties and Applications of Alkali-Activated Concrete with No Cement, Magazine of the Korea Concrete Institute, March 2007.