- Volume 21 Issue 2
Parcel service is to deliver goods from one place to the designated destination requested according to user request. Parcel operations such as sorting, distributing, etc. or the managed information are heterogeneous by the companies. Additionally, it is impossible to support interoperability between companies with unformatted data of manual processing. Most parcel package boxes attached to paper typed waybill is attached is delivered to consignee. So, security problems such as personal information leaking are occurred, or extra processing time and logistics costs are needed due to wrong or the damaged information. Business environment of parcel service is rapidly changed as introducing unmanned delivery or the advanced technology such as Internet of Things. User want to know the accurate status or steps from parcel service request to delivery. To provide these requirements, the unified and integrated waybill information for reliable transportation of parcel service is needed. This information will provide to pickup or delivery carrier, warehouse or terminal, and parcel service user per pickup, transport, and delivery stage of parcel delivery service. Therefore, this paper defines the simplified and unified information model for parcel service waybill by analyzing information systems used for logistics unit processes that is occurred to parcel service, and manual work processes, and developing the relevant information of work flows occurred between business processes or transactions with the collected or processed information by from parcel service's stages. It is possible to share these standard model between business entities, and replacing paper typed waybill will improve national life safety as preventing security threats by paper typed waybill. As a result, it will promote the public interest from the stakeholder's perspective.
Parcel Service;Courier Standardization;Interoperability;Parcel Waybill
- Ahn, K. R. and Lee, J. Y., "A Study on the Business Process Model for Sustainable Supply Chain," Journal of the Korea Society of Digital Industry and Information Management, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 181-193, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17662/ksdim.2014.10.1.181
- Ahn, K. R. and Lee, S. Y., "Logistics Service Model for Sustainability of Supply Chain," Information(An International Interdisciplinary Journal), Vol. 17, No. 9(A), ISBN 1343-4500 pp. 4417-4182, 2014.
- Ahn, K. R., Youn, K. Y., and Park, C. K., "BP Modeling and Data Standardization for Logistics Cargo Tracking Process based on UN/CEFACT," The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 299-313, 2009.
- Business Requirement Specification (BRS) 2.0.1, United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business, http://www.unece.org/cefact/brs/brs_index.html, 2012.
- Core Component Library 13A, United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business, http://www.unece.org/cefact/codesfortrade/unccl/ccl_index.html, 2013.
- Ju, I. S., "Introduce and Deploy of e-Receipt in Korean Cargo Transportation Market," KOTI Logistics Brief, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2014.
- Korea Logis, "The Research of e-Cargo's Receipt System Development," 2013.
- KOTI, KMI, "The Research of Korean National Logistics Basic Plan('16-'25)," 2016.
- KRRI, "The Research of Parcel Industry Application Technology using by Manless Robot," 2016.
- Lee, S. A., "The Status and Counterplan of Korea Parcel Service Market," Deloitte Anjin LLC Deloitte Consulting, 2016.
- NIPA, "Information technologyLogistics ProcessPart 1: BRS(Business Requirement Specification) for Cargo Tracking and Tracking based on Export/Import Logistics Business(Primer)," NIPA S0001-1:2011, 2011.
- NIPA, "Information technologyLogistics ProcessPart 2: BRS(Business Requirement Specification) for Cargo Tracking and Tracking based on Export/Import Logistics Business(Details)," NIPA S0001- 2:2011, 2011.
- NIPA, "Information technologyLogistics ProcessPart 3: RSM(Requirement Specification Mapping) for Cargo Tracking and Tracking based on Export/Import Logistics Business(Information Model)," NIPA S0001-3:2011, 2011.
- Seoa, J. H., "The Status and Prospects of Parcel Service Industry," Monthly Shinhan Review, 2013.
- Son, J. H., "The Status and Future of Korea Parcel Service Market," the Department of Postal Service Research, 2008.
- The Cargo Tracing and Tracking Project (P108), United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business, accessed 3/10/2014.
- the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "Trucking Transport Business Act Enforcement Regulation," 2016.
- Trade Force Commission, "Standard Agreement of Paracel Service," 2007.
Grant : 택배서비스 고도화를 위한 전자 운송장 표준개발