- Volume 16 Issue 3
PI controllers are one of the most widely used controllers in industrial control systems due to their simple algorithms and stability. The parameters Kp and Ki determine the performance of the system response. The response is expected to improve by increasing the gain of the PI controller. However, too large a gain will accelerate the speed response and cause vibrations, which is not what is expected. This paper proposes a way to suppress vibrations by detecting the vibration frequency and extracting the vibration signal as a compensation to the speed feedback. Additionally, in order to improve its disturbance rejection ability, a low-order disturbance observer is proposed. This paper also explains the operation principle of the proposed method by analyzing the transfer function and it describes the design of the controller parameters in detail. Simulation and experimental results are provided to verify the merits of the proposed method. These results also show the good performance of the proposed method. It has a rapid response and suppresses vibrations.
AC motor drives;Robust control;Speed control;Vibration control
- R. Wang, “Study on AC servo driven system and it”s novel control strategy,” College of Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang University, 2005.
- C. Ma., J. Cao, and Y. Qiao, “Polynomial- method-based design of low-order controllers for two-mass systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 60, No. 3, pp. 969-978, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2188869
- C. Ma and H. Y. Backlash, "Vibration suppression in torsional system based on the fractional order- Q-filter of disturbance observer," in Proc 8th IEEE Int. Workshop Adv. Motion contr., pp. 577-582, 2004.
- C. Ma and Y. Hori., "The application backlash of fractional order control to vibration suppression," in Proc Conf. American Contr, Vol. 3, pp. 2901-2906, 2004.
- W. Li and Y. Hori, “Vibration suppression using single neuron-based PI fuzzy controller and fractional-order disturbance observer,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 1, pp. 1117-126, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.888771
- J.-K. Seok, D.-H. Kim, and D.-C. Lee, “Automatic Mode Switching of P/PI Speed Control for industry servo drives using online spectrum analysis of torque command,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 54, No. 5, pp. 2642-2647, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.899824
- Q.-G.Wang, Q. Bi, and B. Zou, “Use of FFT in delay feedback systems,” Electon. Lett., Vol. 33, No. 12, pp. 1099-1100, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:19970673
- J. J. Nelson, G. Venkataramanan, and A. M. El-Refaie, “Fast thermal profiling of power semiconductor devices using Fourier techniques,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 521-529, Apr. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.870714
- R. Blasco-Gimenez, G. M. Asher, M. Summer, and K. J. Bradley, "Performance of FFT rotor slot harmonic speed detector for sensorless induction motor drives," in Proc. IEE-Elect. Power Appl, Vol. 143, No. 3, pp, 258-268, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:19960241
- N. Baoliang and Y. Xia, "A FFT-based variety sampling-rate sine sweep vibration controller," in Proc. Neural Netw. and Signal Process. Conf, Vol. 2, pp, 1714-1718, 2003.
- S. Manabe, "Sufficient condition for stability and instability by Lipatov and its application to be coefficient diagram method," 9th Workshop on Astro-dynamics and Flight Mechanics, ISAS, 1999.
- S. Manabe, "The coefficient diagram method," 14th IFAC Symposium on Automatic control in Aerospace, 1998.
- J.-S. Ko, Y.-G. Seo, and H.-S. Kim, “Precision position control of PMSM using neural observer and parameter compensator,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 354-362, Oct. 2008.
- W.-C. Wang, T.-H. Liu, and K.-Y. Fan, “Design and implementation of a wavelet speed controller with application to micro- permanent magnet synchronous motor drives,” IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 245-255, Apr. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2012.0254
- S. Manabe, "Application of coefficient diagram method to MIMO system," 10th Workshop on Astrodynamics and Flight Mechanics, ISAS, 2000.
- A. Bahr and S. Beineke, "Mechanical resonance damping in an industrial servo drive," IEEE European Conf, Power Elec. and Appl, pp. 1-10, 2007.
- Z. Zhiqiang, H. Yuqing, Q. Juntong, H. Jianda, and W. Tianran, "The analysis and synthesis of PID controller based on closed loop response characteristics," in Proc. Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), 2012 IEEE International Conference on, pp, 1930-1936, 2012.
- M. Hanifzadegan and R. Nagamune, “Tracking and structural vibration control of flexible ball–screw drives with dynamic variations,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatron., Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 133-141, Feb. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2014.2298241
- K. Szabat, T. Tran-Van, and M. Kaminski, “A modified fuzzy luenberger observer for a two-mass drive system,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Inform., Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 531-539, Apr. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2014.2327912
- S. E. Saarakkala and M. Hinkkanen, “State-space speed control of two-mass mechanical systems, analytical tuning and experimental evaluation,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 50, No. 5, pp.3428-3437, Sep./Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2014.2306977
- R. Musznski and J. Deskur, “Damping of torsional vibration in high-dynamic industrial drives,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 2, pp. 554-552, Feb. 2010.
- I. U. Khan and R. Dhaouadi, “Robust control of elastic drives through immersion and invariance,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 62, No. 3, pp. 1572-1580, Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2014.2363435
- D. Heng, H. Wang, and K.-Y. Huang, “Design of PMSM driver system digital PI adjuster parameters,” Electric Drive, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 7-9, 2009.