- Volume 16 Issue 3
High-power three-level voltage-source converters are widely utilized in high-performance AC drive systems. In several ultra-power instances, the harmonics on the grid side should be reduced through multiple rectifications. A combined harmonic elimination method that includes a dual primary-side series-connected winding transformer and selective harmonic elimination pulse-width modulation is proposed to eliminate low-order current harmonics on the primary and secondary sides of transformers. Through an analysis of the harmonic influence caused by dead time and DC magnetic bias, a synthetic compensation control strategy is presented to minimize the grid-side harmonics in the dual primary side series-connected winding transformer application. Both simulation and experimental results demonstrate that the proposed control strategy can significantly reduce the converter input current harmonics and eliminates the DC magnetic bias in the transformer.
- K.-M. Kwon, J.-M. Lee, J.-M. Lee, and J.-H. Choi, “SVPWM Overmodulation scheme of three-level inverters for vector controlled induction motor drives,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 481-490, May 2009.
- L. Dalessandro, S. D. Round, U. Drofenik, and J. W. Kolar, “Discontinuous space-vector modulation for three-level PWM rectifiers,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 530-542, Mar. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.915160
- J. D. B. Ramirez, J. J. R. Rivas, and E. Peralta-Sanchez, “DSP-based simplified space-vector PWM for a three-level VSI with experimental validation,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 285-293, Mar. 2012 https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2012.12.2.285
- F. Wang, “Sine-triangle versus space-vector modulation for three-level PWM voltage-source inverters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 500-506, Mar./Apr. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.993172
- Z. Ye, Y. Xu, F. Li, X. Deng, and Y. Zhang, “Simplified PWM strategy for neutral-point-clamped (NPC) three-level converter,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 519-530, May 2014. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2014.14.3.519
- J. K. Steinke, “Switching frequency optimal PWM control of a three-level inverter,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 487-496, Jul. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.145136
- R. M. Tallam, R. Naik, and T. A. Nondahl. “A carrier-based PWM scheme for neutral-point voltage balancing in three-level inverters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 41, No. 6, pp. 1734-1743, Nov./Dec. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.858283
- N. Li, Y. Wang, W. Lei, R. Niu, and Z. Wang, “Novel carrier-based PWM strategy of a three-level NPC voltage source converter without low-frequency voltage oscillation in the neutral point,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 531-540, May 2014. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2014.14.3.531
- K. Imarazene, E. M. Berkouk, and H. Chekireb, "Selective harmonics elimination PWM with sel-balancing capacitors in three-level inverter," in 6th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD), pp. 1-6, Mar. 2012.
- J. Napoles, R. Portillo, J. I. Leon, M. A. Aguirre, and L. G. Franquelo, "Implementation of a closed loop SHMPWM technique for three level converters," in 34th Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics (IECON), pp. 3260-3265, Nov. 2008.
- J. A. Pontt, J. R. Rodríguez, A. Liendo, and P. Newman, “Network-friendly low-switching-frequency multipulse high-power three-level PWM rectifier,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 4, pp. 1254-1262, Apr. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2007998
- J. Rodríguez, J. Pontt, R. Huerta, and P. Newman, "24-pulse active front end rectifier with low switching frequency," in IEEE 35th Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference(PESC), Vol. 5, pp. 3517-3523, Jun. 2004.
- T. Nakajima, H. Suzuki, K. Izumi, and S. Sugimoto, "A converter transformer with series-connected line-side windings for a DC link using voltage source converters," in IEEE Power Engineering Society 1999 Winter Meeting, Vol. 2, pp. 1073-1078, Feb. 1999.
- Z. Xi and S. Bhattacharya, "STATCOM operation under single line-ground system faults with magnetic saturation in series connected transformers based 48-pulse voltage-source converter," in European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, pp. 1-10, Sep. 2007.
- H. Li, F. C. Lin, and Z. Gui, "Model test for harmonic characteristics of convertor transformer under Dc bias," in International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems(ICEMS), pp. 4436-4439, Oct. 2008.
- L. Zeng, Z. Zhu, B. Bai, and Y. Song, "Research on influence of DC magnetic bias on a converter transformer," in International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems(ICEMS), pp. 1346-1349, Oct. 2007.
- Y. Li, L. Luo, D. He, and C. Rehtanz, "Study on the effects of the DC bias on the harmonic characteristics of the new converter transformer," in Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference(APPEEC), pp. 1-4, Mar. 2010.
- G. Mei, Y. Liu, and M. Guo, "Study of transformer's harmonic characteristic in DC magnetic bias," in China International Conference on Electricity Distribution (CICED), pp. 1-4, Dec. 2008.
- I. Dolguntseva, R. Krishna, D. E. Soman, and M. Leijion, “Contour based dead-time harmonic analysis in a three-level neutral point clamped inverter,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 62, No. 1, pp. 203-210, Jan. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2014.2327579
- H. Mese and A. Ersak, "Compensation of dead-time effects in three-level neutral point clamped inverters based on space vector PWM," in International Aegean Conference on Electrical Machines and Power Electronics and 2011 Electromotion Joint Conference(ACEMP), pp. 101-108, Sep. 2011.
- J. Gao, T. Q. Zheng, and F. Lin, “Improved deadbeat current controller with a repetitive-control-based observer for PWM rectifiers,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 64-73, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2011.11.1.064
- J. Xiaomei, R. Yannian, C. Guoqiang, and L. Kaiqiang, "Restraining DC magnetic bias in PS-PWM full bridge inverter of plasma power," in International Conference on Intelligent System Design and Engineering Application (ISDEA), Vol. 2, pp. 306-309, Oct. 2010.
- J. Gao, X. Zhao, X. Yang, and Z. Wang, "The research on avoiding flux imbalance in sinusoidal wave inverter," in the Third International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, Vol. 3, pp. 1122-1126, Aug. 2000.
- T. Nakajima, K.-I. Suzuki, M. Yajima, and N. Kawakami, “A new control method preventing transformer DCmagnetiz ation for voltage source self-commutatedconverters,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 1522-1528, Jul. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.517512
- W. C. Bloomquist, “Select the right transformer winding connection for industrial power systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. IA-11, No. 6, pp. 641-645, Nov. 1975. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.1975.349349
- X. Liang, W. Jackson, and R. Laughy, "Transformer winding connections for practical industrial applications," in IEEE Petroleum and Chemical Industry Technical Conference(PCIC), pp. 1-9, Sep. 2007.
- B.-R. Lin, “Implementation of a ZVS three-level converter with series-connected transformers,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 177-185, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2013.13.2.177
- Series Voltage Regulator for a Distribution Transformer to Compensate Voltage Sag/Swell vol.64, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2017.2668982