- Volume 31 Issue 3
Objectives： Arachidonic acid is control the thromboxane A2 (TXA2) and prostacycline (PGI2) synthesis, TXA2 increase lead to thrombus produced by induces platelet aggregation and vasoconstriction. Angelicae gigantis radix (RAR) is mainly used blood deficiency and stagnation. In previous studies, RAR has been reported that a vasodilating and blood clotting delay effects. In this study, investigate that anti-oxidant and anti-thrombotic effects of RAR by heat-process.Methods： The heated angelicae gigantis radix sample were made by 140, 180, and 220 ℃ and 4, 6, 9 and 12 min using water or 30% ethanol. The anti-oxidant effects were measured by total polyphenol, total flavonoid, DPPH and ABTS radical scavening activation. Anti-thrombotic effect conducted in samples that are determined to be effective through the anti-oxidant experiment such as angelicae gigantis radix roasted 180℃, and 220℃ and angelicae gigantis radix roasted with 30% ethanol 180℃, and 220℃.Results： Anti-oxidant parameters were efficacious in high temperature roasted AR. Also AR and EAR increased a inhibitory activity of FXa compared with RAR. The blood coagulation time of administration groups were significantly increased compare with control group. The TXB2 was significantly decreased in AR and EAR.Conclusions : We confirmed that whether AR and EAR administration has anti-oxidant and anti-thrombotic effect or not. As the results, AR and EAR were improved anti-oxidant effects and blood biochemistry compare with control group. This study provides scientific evidence that AR and EAR are have an anti-oxidant effect and anti-thrombotic effect, it expected that there is no difference between the two.
Angelicae gigantis radix;stir-frying;anti-oxidant effect;anti-thrombotic effect;FXa;TXB2
- Lefevre M, Kris-Etherton PM, Zhao G, Tracy RP. Dietary fatty acids, hemostasis, and cardiovascular disease risk. J Am Diet Assoc. 2004 ; 104(3) : 410-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jada.2003.12.022
- Keum-Ran, Seung. Effect of Car thamus tinctorius L. Semen on Endotox in- Induced Thrombosi s in Rats. Graduate School Duksung Women’s University. 2000.
- Chang CS, Lee CK, Shin JS, Cho IH, Suh JJ. Fibrinolytic and anticoagulant effects of earthworm lumbricus rubellus, extracts. Yakhak Hoeji. 1995 ; 39 : 666-70.
- Frankel EN, Kanner J, German JB, Parks E, Kinsella JE. Inhibition of oxidation of human low-density lipoprotein by phenolic substances in red wine. Lancet. 1993 ; 341(8843) : 454-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/0140-6736(93)90206-V
- Miwa K, Kambara H, Kawai C. Effect of aspirin in large doses on attacks of variant angina. Am Heart J. 1983 ; 105(2) : 351-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-8703(83)90548-3
- Huh Jun, Dongyibogam. Namsangdang. 1980 : 134-5.
- Park IS, Lee KM, Lee IS, Han JI, Jeon WK. Screening of Anti-thrombotic Activity of Herbal Extracts in Ferric Chloride-induced Thrombosis Model. Kor. J. Herbology 2013；28(5)：33-8. https://doi.org/10.6116/kjh.2013.28.5.33
- The whole country a college of Oriental medicine. Herbalogy. younglimsa. 1995
- Shin YJ, Park YK. Kor. Effects of different parts of Angelica gigas Nakai on brain damages and neuronal death in transient middle artery occlusion/ reperfusion-induced ischemic rats. J. Herbology 2014；29(6)：85-93. https://doi.org/10.6116/kjh.2014.29.6.85.
- Kim HH, Lee JH, Lee JH, Ahn DK, Park SK. Vasodilation effect of the water extract of three Angelica species and four-substance decoctions in rat thoracic aorta. Korean J Herbology. 2001 ; 16(2) : 29-34.
- Shin S, Jeon JH, Park D, Jang JY, Joo SS, Hwang BY, Choe SY, Kim YB. Anti-inflammatory effects of an ethanol extract of Angelica gigas in a Carrageenan-air pouch inflammation model. Exp Anim. 2009 ; 58(4) : 431-6. https://doi.org/10.1538/expanim.58.431
- Joo SS, Park D, Shin S, Jeon JH, Kim TK, Choi YJ, Lee SH, Kim JS, Park SK, Hwang BY, Lee do I, Kim YB. Anti-allergic effects and mechanisms of action of the ethanolic extract of Angelica gigas in dinitrofluorobenzene-induced inflammation models. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010 ; 30(2) : 127-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.etap.2010.04.007
- Kang SA, Han JA, Jang KH. DPPH radical scavenger activity and antioxidant effects of Cham-Dang- Gui (Angelica gigas). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. 2009 ; 14 : 179-87. https://doi.org/10.3746/jfn.2009.14.3.179
- Lee S, Lee YS, Jung SH, Shin KH, Kim BK, Kang SS. Anti-tumor activities of decursinol angelate and decursin from Angelica gigas. Arch Pharm Res. 2003 Sep;26(9):727-30. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02976682
- Seo BI. Easy Herbology. Daegu Haany university publisher. 2008
- Yoo HH, Park JH, Kwon SW. In vitro cytotoxic activity of some Korean medicinal plants on human cancer cell lines: enhancement in cytotoxicity by heat processing. Phytother Res. 2007 ; 21(9) : 900-3. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.2213
- Nijveldt RJ, van Nood E, van Hoorn DE, Boelens PG, van Norren K, van Leeuwen PA. Flavonoids: a review of probable mechanisms of action and potential applications. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001 ; 74(4) : 418-25. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/74.4.418
- Petroni A, Blasevich M, Salami M, Papini N, Montedoro GF, Galli C. Inhibition of platelet aggregation and eicosanoid production by phenolic components of olive oil. Thromb Res. 1995 ; 78(2) : 151-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/0049-3848(95)00043-7
- Day SM, Reeve JL, Pedersen B, Farris DM, Myers DD, Im M, Wakefield TW, Mackman N, Fay WP. Macrovascular thrombosis is driven by tissue factor derived primarily from the blood vessel wall. Blood. 2005 ; 105(1) : 192-8. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2004-06-2225
- Graor RA, Young JR, Risius B, Ruschhaupt WF. Comparison of cost effectiveness of streptokinase and urokinase in the treatment of deep vein thrombosis. Ann Vasc Surg. 1987 ; 1(5) : 524-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-5096(06)61434-9
- Zimmermann R, Mörl H, Harenberg J, Gerhardt P, Kuhn HM, Wahl P. Urokinase therapy of subclavianaxillary vein thrombosis. Klin Wochenschr. 1981 ; 59(15) : 851-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01721055
- Rogers LQ, Lutcher CL. Streptokinase therapy for deep vein thrombosis: a comprehensive review of the English literature. Am J Med. 1990 ; 88(4) : 389-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9343(90)90494-X
- Pini M, Aiello S, Manotti C, Pattacini C, Quintavalla R, Poli T, Tagliaferri A, Dettori AG. Low molecular weight heparin versus warfarin in the prevention of recurrences after deep vein thrombosis. Thromb Haemost. 1994 ; 72(2) : 191-7.
- Hull R, Raskob G, Pineo G, Rosenbloom D, Evans W, Mallory T, Anquist K, Smith F, Hughes G, Green D, Elliott CC, Panju A, Brant R. A comparison of subcutaneous low-molecular-weight heparin with warfarin sodium for prophylaxis against deep-vein thrombosis after hip or knee implantation. N Engl J Med. 1993 ; 329(19) : 1370-6. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199311043291902
- Shin SH, Shin YO, Lee JY, Lee AR, Kim MY, Park CH, Seo BI, Roh SS. Ethanol-Heated Processed Scutellariae Radix Improve Inflammatory Response through an Inhibitory Effect against Oxidative Stress in Mice with the Lipopolysaccharideinduced Intestine Injury of Mice. Kor. J. Herbol. 2015；30(4)：81-8. https://doi.org/10.6116/kjh.2015.30.4.81.
- Burnett BP, Bitto A, Altavilla D, Squadrito F, Levy RM, Pillai L. Flavocoxid inhibits phospholipase A2, peroxidase moieties of the cyclooxygenases (COX), and 5-lipoxygenase, modifies COX-2 gene expression, and acts as an antioxidant. Mediators Inflamm. 2011 ; 2011 : 385780. https://doi.org/10.1155/2011/385780
- Lee BH, Hwang SH, Choi SH, Shin TJ, Kang J, Lee SM, Nah SY. Resveratrol enhances 5- hydroxytryptamine type 3A receptor-mediated ion currents: the role of arginine 222 residue in pre-transmembrane domain I. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011 ; 34(4) : 523-7. https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.34.523
- Perzborn E, Strassburger J, Wilmen A, Pohlmann J, Roehrig S, Schlemmer KH, Straub A. In vitro and in vivo studies of the novel antithrombotic agent BAY 59-7939--an oral, direct Factor Xa inhibitor. J Thromb Haemost. 2005 ; 3(3) : 514-21. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1538-7836.2005.01166.x
- Jia ZJ, Wu Y, Huang W, Goldman E, Zhang P, Woolfrey J, Wong P, Huang B, Sinha U, Park G, Reed A, Scarborough RM, Zhu BY. Design, synthesis and biological activity of novel non-amidine factor Xa inhibitors. Part 1: P(1) structure-activity relationships of the substituted 1-(2-Naphthyl)- 1H-pyrazole-5-carboxylamides. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2002 ; 12(12) : 1651-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-894X(02)00239-1
- Zhang P, Zuckett JF, Woolfrey J, Tran K, Huang B, Wong P, Sinha U, Park G, Reed A, Malinowski J, Hollenbach S, Scarborough RM, Zhu BY. Design, synthesis, and SAR of monobenzamidines and aminoisoquinolines as factor Xa inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2002 ; 12(12) : 1657-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-894X(02)00234-2
- Czekaj M, Klein SI, Guertin KR, Gardner CJ, Zulli AL, Pauls HW, Spada AP, Cheney DL, Brown KD, Colussi DJ, Chu V, Leadley RJ, Dunwiddie CT. Optimization of the beta-aminoester class of factor Xa inhibitors. Part 1: P(4) and side-chain modifications for improved in vitro potency. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2002 ; 12(12) : 1667-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-894X(02)00212-3
- 1. The Effect of Nakai Extract and KJS-2 on Atopic Dermatitis induced by DNCB in mice vol.38, pp.3, 2017, doi:10.6116/kjh.2016.31.3.13.