- Volume 31 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Stem bark of Maackia amurensis Extract according to extraction Solvent
추출용매에 따른 다릅나무 수피 추출물의 항산화 활성
- Received : 2016.04.28
- Accepted : 2016.05.16
- Published : 2016.05.30
Objectives : The objective of this research was to investigate the antioxidant activities of stem bark of Maackia amurensis extract.Methods : Stem bark of Maackia amurensis extract were prepared using 70% methanol. Methanol extracts were fractionated to hexane, chloroform, ethyl acetate, butyl alcohol, water fractions and investigated. The antioxidant activities of fractions was evaluated by four different assays as total polyphenol contents, total flavonoid contents, DPPH(1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl) free-radical scavenging activity and ABTS(2,2'-azino-bis (3-ethylbenzothiazoline-6-sulfonic acid) scavenging ability.Results : The yield of methanolic extracts from stem bark of Maackia amurensis was 10.16%, whereas those of its solvent fractions (hexane, chloroform, ethyl acetate, butyl alcohol, and water) were 5.45, 11.39, 13.88, 26.07, and 40.80%, respectively. The total polyphenol contents and electron donating ability of 70% methanol extracts from stem bark of Maackia amurensis were 15.44 mg/g and 194.15 μg/mL of its IC50, respectively. The 70% methanol extracts showed the highest antioxidant activity. The total polyphenol content and total flavonoid content of chloroform fractions were higher in each of 201.98 mg/g and 13.55 mg/g. The chloroform fraction showed the lowest levels of DPPH(IC50, 183.95 μg/mL) and ABTS scavenging activity(IC50, 10.0 μg/mL). The antioxidant activity was detected in methanol extract, chloroform fractions.Conclusions : These results indicate that 70% methanol extract and its fractions of stem bark of Maackia amurensis, especially chloroform fraction, have the properties of anti-oxidant suggesting stem bark of Maackia amurensis may be a candidate for natural and functional materials.
Maackia amurensis;Antioxidant;solvent fraction
- Lee MH, Kim JM, Park EJ. Antioxidant and Antigenotoxic Effects of Sansuyu Fruit (Corni fructus) Extracted with Water at Different Temperatures. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 2011 ; 40 : 149-155. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.2.149
- Han SH, Kim DH, Kim GN, Lee JC. Changes on Growth, Photosynthesis and Pigment contents of the Maackia amurensis and Viburnum opulus var. calvescens under Enhanced Temperature and CO2 Concentration. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. 2011 ; 13 : 115-122. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2011.13.3.115
- Kim WJ, Lee HJ, Lee SK, Kang HY, Choi DH, Choi TH. Studies on Biological Activity of Wood Extractives(ⅩⅧ)-Isolation and Antioxidant Activity of Chemical Constituents From Maackia amurensis Mokchae Konghak.. 2007 ; 35 : 135-144.
- Li X, Wang D. Xia MY, Wang ZH, Wang WN, Cui Z. Cytotoxic Prenylated Flavonoids from the stem Bark of Maackia amurensis. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 2009 ; 57 : 302-306. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.57.302
- Komissarenko AN, Kovalev VN, Komissarenko NF. Isoflavonoids of the Bark and Leaves of Maackia amurensis. Chemistry of Natural Compounds. 1994 ; 30 : 288-290.
- Kulesh NI, Maksimov OB, Denisenko VA, Glazunov VP. Isoflavonoids from Heartwood of Maackia amurensis RUPR. ET MAXIM. Chemistry of Natural Compounds. 2001 ; 37 : 26-28. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1017690123997
- Kulesh NI, Vasilevskaya NA, Veselova MV, Denisenko VA, Fedoreev SA. Minor Polyphenols from Maackia amurensis wood. Chemistry of Natural Compounds. 2008 ; 44 : 575-577. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10600-009-9195-3
- Li X, Wang D, Xia MY, Wang ZH, Wang WN, Cui Z. Cytotoxic Prenylated Flavonoids from the stem Bark of Maackia amurensis. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 2009 ; 57 : 302-306. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.57.302
- Folin O, Denis W. A colorimetric method for determination of phenols(phenol derivatives) in urine. J. Biol. Chem. 1915 ; 22 : 305-308.
- Dewant V, Xianzhong W, Liu RH. Processed sweet corn has higher antioxidant activity. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2002 ; 50 : 4959-4964. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0255937
- Blois MS. Antioxidant determination by the use of a stable free radical. Nature. 1958 ; 26 : 1199-1120. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Re R, Pellegrini N, Proteggente A, Pannala A, Yang M, Rice-Evans C. Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cation decolorization assay. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 1999 ; 26 : 1231-1237. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-5849(98)00315-3
- Cho IS, Han YH, Lee GY, Park KY. Search for medicinal plants on improvable effect of intestinal microflora. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 2007 ; 15 : 26-29.
- Kang BH. Superintendence of Korean resource plant. Seoul : Richvanilla. 2014 : 12-16.
- Choe SY, Yang KH. Toxicological studies of antioxidants, butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) and Butylated hydroxyanisole(BHA). Koraen J. Food Sci. Technol. 1982 ; 14 : 283-288.
- Kang IH, Cha JH, Lee SW, Kim HJ, Kwon SH, Ham IH, Hwang BS, Whang WK. solation of Anti-Oxidant from Domestic Crataegus pinnatifida Bunge Leaves. Kor. J. Phamacogn. 2005 ; 36 : 121-128.
- Chang SS, Matatijasevic BO, Hsieh OAL, Hwang CH. Natural antioxidants rosemary and sage. J. Food Sci. 1977 ; 42 : 1102. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1977.tb12676.x
- Schafer E, Arnrich L. Effects of dietary vitamin E on serum and pulmonary fatty acid as prostaglandins in rats fed excess linoleic acid. J. Nutr. 1984 ; 144 : 1130.
- Doh ES, Chang JP, Kil KJ, Choi MS, Yang JK, Yun CW, Jeong SM, Jung YH, Lee GH. Antioxidative activity and cytotoxicity of fermented Allium victorialis L. extract. Korea J. Plant Res. 2011 ; 2 : 30-39. https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2011.24.1.030
- Kim HY, Jun BS, Kim SK, Cha JY, Cho YS. Polyphenolic compound content and antioxidative by extracts from seed sprout and flower of safflower(Carthamus tinctorius L.). J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 2000 ; 29 : 1127-1132.
- Ainsworth EA, Gillespie KM. Estimation of total phenolic content and other oxidation substrates in plant tissues using Folin-Ciocalteu reagent. Nat. Protoc. 2007 ; 2 : 875-877. https://doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2007.102
- Lee JH, Jhoo JW. Antioxidant Activity of Different Parts of Lespedeza bicolor and Isolation of Antioxidant Compound. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 2012 ; 44 : 763-771. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2012.44.6.763
- Middleton E, Kandaswami C. Potential health-romoting properties of citrus flavonoids. Food Techoni. 1994 ; 48 : 115-119.
- Lee JN, Kim HE, Kim YS. Anti-diabetic and Anti-oxidative Effects of Opuntia Humifusa Cladodes. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 2014 ; 45 : 661. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.5.661
- Kim HK, Kim YE, Do JR, Lee YC, Lee BY. Antioxidative activity and physiological activity of some Korean medicinal plants. Korean J Food Sci Technol 1995 ; 27: 80-85.
- Cherdshewasart W, Sutjit W. Correlation of antioxidant activity and major iso- flavonoid contents of the phytoestrogen-rich Pueraria mirifica and Pueraria lobata tubers. Phytomedicine. 2008 ; 15 : 38-43. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2007.07.058
- Choi Y, Jeong HS, Lee J. Antioxidant activity of methanolic extracts from some grains consumed in Korea. Food Chem. 2007 ; 103 : 130-138. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2006.08.004