- Volume 11 Issue 6
A Study on the Entrepreneurship Curriculum Development Model to Systemize Entrepreneurship Education in Entrepreneurial Graduate School
AHP를 활용한 창업대학원 교과목 선호도 평가요인별 중요도에 관한 연구: 창업대학원 재학생을 대상으로
- Lee, Il han (Chung-Ang University) ;
- Kim, Hyun sook (Department of Business Administration, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2016.11.15
- Accepted : 2016.12.25
- Published : 2016.12.31
Since global circumstances have become competitive, entrepreneurship has been regarded as the most important factors in economic revitalization not only in korea but also internationally. According to these changes, public entrepreneurship education has been started from the year of 2004 establishing Entrepreneurial Graduate School as a part of governmental plan. Although entrepreneurship education history is not long enough in korea, but the need for entrepreneurship education in social is now going ahead of the public education systems such as universities and graduate schools. Therefore, this study is conducted for the purpose of drawing the subject frame for systematized integration curriculum of entrepreneurship education through evaluating the importance of the subjects by Analytic Hierarchy Process analysis after being composed of 6 modularity in the Entrepreneurship subjects. This was structured based on studying the current status for entrepreneurship education in domestic universities and graduate schools. The research findings under the condition of Judgement consistency ratio 0.1 are as follows. The most important factors are in order as following; "Entrepreneurial Issues for Fund"(.242), "Entrepreneurship Plan"(.195), "Entrepreneurship & Entrepreneurship mindset"(.161), "Entrepreneurial Issues for Growth & Development"(.160), "Management Skill & Strategy"(.150), and "Special Entrepreneurship"(.093). Then, these findings also represent subfactors as well. The results of this study provide the practical guidelines where the curriculums needed for the entrepreneurship education at graduate schools by suggesting consistency for the systematic and comprehensive curriculum design. It was reflected the survey result from the graduate students taking the entrepreneurship subjects. Therefore, it will contribute the foundation of the present curriculum of Entrepreneurial Graduate School.
- Bechard, J. P. & Toulouse, J. M.(1998), Validation of a didactic model for the analysis of training objectives in entrepreneurship, Journal of business venturing, 13(4), 317-332. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0883-9026(98)80006-2
- Bennett, R.(2006), Business lecturers' perceptions of the nature of entrepreneurship, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior &Research, 12(3), 165-188. https://doi.org/10.1108/13552550610667440
- Fayolle, A. Gailly, B. & Lassas-Clerc, N.(2006), Assessing the impact of entrepreneurship education programmes: a new methodology, Journal of European industrial training, 30(9), 701-720. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090590610715022
- Fiet, J. O.(2001 a), The pedagogical side of entrepreneurship theory, Journal of business venturing, 16(2), 101-11 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0883-9026(99)00042-7
- Fiet, J. O.(2001 b), The theoretical side of teaching entrepreneurship, Journal of business venturing, 16(1), 1-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0883-9026(99)00041-5
- Gottleib, E. & Ross, J. A.(1997), Made not born: HBS courses and entrepreneurial management. Harvard Business School Bulletin, 73(2), 41-45.
- Han, J. H. & Ko, U. J.(2007), Comparative Study of Entrepreneurship Programs in the Graduate Schools of Korea and the US, The Journal of Vocational Education Research, 26(2), 105-131.
- Han, J. W. & Lee, M. C.(1998), A Study on the Reality and Improvement of the Entrepreneurship Education in Korea, Korean Business Review, 2(2), 5-26.
- Han, K. S.(2007), The Systematization Plan of Entrepreneurship Education, Korea Business Review, 47, 379-405.
- Hwangbo, Y. & Lee I. H.(2012), A Study on the role of graduate school of entrepreneurial management in the diffusion of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship culture, Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 7(2), 45-53.
- Jesselyn Co, M. & Mitchell, B.(2006), Entrepreneurship education in South Africa: a nationwide survey, Education+ Training, 48(5), 348-359. https://doi.org/10.1108/00400910610677054
- Jo, B. J.(1996), Entrepreneurship Education: An Integrated Model for Course Development and Curricular Directions, Korean Association of Small Business studies, 18(2), 157-184.
- Jo, B. J.(1998), Curriculum Development and Effective Teaching Methods, Korean Business Review, 2(2), 27-46.
- Jo, H. R.(1998), The orientation of Entrepreneurship Education, Korea Business Review, 2(2), 49-74.
- Jones, C. & English, J.(2004), A contemporary approach to entrepreneurship education, Education+training, 46(8/9), 416-423.
- Kim, J. I. & Lee, I. H(2014), The impact of service quality in entrepreneurial education on self-efficacy, expectation achievement and satisfaction, Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 9(5), 21-31.
- Kim, J. M., Oh, S. H. & Yang, J. K.(2008), A Study on the Entrepreneurship Education of Korea: Focusing on the Entrepreneurship Graduate School, Korea Small Business Institute, 07(16), 129-134.
- Kourilsky, M. L.(1995), Entrepreneurship Education: Opportunity in Search of Curriculum(ED389347), Kansas City: Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
- Kuratko, D. F.(1996), Risk, Challenge & Innovation: The Entrepreneurial Experience at Ball State University, Mid-American Journal of Business, 11(2), 43-48. https://doi.org/10.1108/19355181199600011
- Kuratko, D. F. & Hodgetts, R. M.(2004), Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process, Practice, OH: South-Western Publishers.
- Kuratko, D. F. & Hornsby, J. S.(1996), Developing Entrepreneurial Leadership in Contemporary Organizations, Journal of Management Systems, 17-27.
- Kuratko, D. F., Ireland, R. D. & Hornsby, J. S.(2001), Improving Firm Performance Through Entrepreneurial Actions: Acordia's Corporate Entrepreneurship Strategy, Academy of Management Executive 15(4), 60-71.
- Lee, S. H.(2000), The present conditions and problems of domestic and foreign country for venture education, The Journal of Economics and Management, 15, 49-91.
- McMullan, W. E. & Long, W. A.(1990), Developing new ventures: The entrepreneurial option, California: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- Mok, Y. D & Choi, M. G.(2012), A Study on the Entrepreneurship Curriculum Development Model to Systemize Entrepreneurship Education in Undergraduate School, Journal of Daehan Association of Business Administration, 25(2), 833-857.
- Noll, C. L.(1993), Planning curriculum for entrepreneurship education, In Business Education Forum, 47(3), 3-6, Harcourt College Publishers.
- Roach, K.(1999), Entrepreneurial Education Planning for Success Syllabus, North Georgia Technical Institute, Clarkesville, GA.
- Ronstadt, R.(1985), The educated entrepreneurs: A new era of entrepreneurial education is beginning, American Journal of Small Business, 7-23.
- Saaty, T. L.(1983), Priority Setting in Complex Problems, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 30(3), 140-145. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEM.1983.6448606
- Samwel M. E.(2010), Entrepreneurship education: a review of its objectives, teaching methods, and impact indicators, Education Training, 52(1), 20-47. https://doi.org/10.1108/00400911011017663
- Shapero, A. & Sokol, L.(1982), The social dimensions of entrepreneurship in Encyclopedia of entrepreneurship, edited by Calvin A. Kent, Donald L. Sexton & Karl H. Vesper, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Slavtchev, V., Laspita, S. & Patzelt, H.(2012), Effects of entrepreneurship education at universities, Jena Economic Research Papers, 25, 1-33.
- Vesper, K. H. & McMullan, W. E.(1988), Entrepreneurship education: from courses to degrees, Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, 13(1), 7-14. https://doi.org/10.1177/104225878801300102
- Vesper, K. H. & Gartner, W. B.(2001), Compendium of entrepreneur programs, University of Southern California,, Retrieved from http://www.marshall.usc.edu/entrepreneur/postoffice/Compendium/index.html.
- 중소기업청(2004), 전국 5개 대학에 창업대학원 개설, Retrieved from http://search.smba.go.kr/RSA/front/Search.jsp.