- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on Electric Resistivity and Exothermic Property of Electrically Conductive Mortar using Amorphous Graphite
흑연을 혼입한 전기전도 모르타르의 전기저항 및 발열특성에 관한 실험적 연구
Ahn, Hong-JIn;Kim, Sang-Heon;Choi, Soo-Kyung
- Received : 2016.02.24
- Accepted : 2016.05.25
- Published : 2016.06.20
The exothermic property of electrical conductivity concrete would allow the heating system of house or snow melting system of tunnel, road or bridge deck. This study was performed on electric resistance, exothermic property and mechanical property of the mortar with graphite of carbon-based conductive material as a fundamental research for the heat conductive concrete development. As the results of this experiment, the increasement on the amorphous graphite substitution rate was found to decrease in the compressive strength, however, the electric resistance was found to be significantly lower. And, in order to demonstrate the exothermic property, the graphite was found to be included more than 15% of the total mortar volume. When low electric resistance obtained with a certain level of the graphite inclusion, exothermic value and applied voltage has a higher correlation, and the exothermic value and the square of the voltage appeared to be in a proportional relationship.
electrically conductivity;amorphous graphite;electric resistivity;exothermic property;mortar
- KIER. R&D of Floor Heating Panel made of Electro-Conduction Concrete. Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy of Korea, Sejong(Korea). 1998. 233 p.
- Sim SH. A Study for the Developement of Road Snow Melting System Using a Grid Heating Element [master's thesis]. [Seoul(Korea)]: Sejong University; 2008. 70 p.
- Tuan CY, Yehia S. Evaluation of Electrically conductive concrete Containing Carbon Products for Deicing. ACI Materials Journal. 2004;101(4):287-93.
- Baldwin K. Electrically conductive concrete: properties and potential. Construction Canada. 1998;98(1):28-9.
- Ryu HG, Kwon YJ. An Analysis on the Properties of Concrete Used as the Mixture Material with Carbon Black. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea. 2013 Jul;29(7):101-8.
- Kim ND, Park SJ. A Study on the Electrical Characteristics of Electro Heat-Generation Mortar Mixing Amorphous Graphite. Journal of the Korean Institute of Building Construction. 2010;10(2):59-66.
- Chang C, Song G, Gao D, Mo YL. Temperature and mixing effects on electrical resistivity of carbon fiber enhanced concrete. Smart materials and structures. 2013;22(3):1-7.
- Jo DH. A Study on the Durability of Electrically Conductive Concrete with Coarse Aggregate [master's thesis]. [Seoul(Korea)]: Seoul National University of Technology; 2010. 72p.
- Hymers W. Electrically conductive concrete. Concrete construction. 1980;25(5):411-15.
- Son YJ. A Study on the Physical Properties of Mortar Containing Conductive Materials [master's thesis]. [Seosan(Korea)]: Hanseo University; 2010. 62 p.
- Seo MK, Choi KE, Min BG, Park SJ. Carbor Fibers (I): General Understanding and Manufacturing Techniques of Carbon Fibers. Carbon Letters. 2008;9(3):218-31. https://doi.org/10.5714/CL.2008.9.3.218
- Hollemann AF, Wiberg E, Wiberg N. Lehrbuch der Anorganischen Chemie. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter Verlag; 1985. p. 703.
- Kwack JH. An Experimental Study on the Strength Properties of Mortar according to the Contents of Graphite [master's thesis]. [Seoul(Korea)]: Konkuk University; 2009. 63 p.
- Wu S, Mo L, Shui Z, Chen Z. Investigation of the conductivity of asphalt concrete containing conductive fillers. Carbon. 2005;43(7):1358-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2004.12.033