- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of the Purlin Hanging System Form for the Girder Bridge Slab and Economic Analysis
거더교 상판 콘크리트 타설용 거푸집 개발 및 경제성 분석
Lim, Jeeyoung;Kim, Sunkuk;Son, Kiyoung
- Received : 2016.03.05
- Accepted : 2016.04.04
- Published : 2016.06.20
In the case of South Korea, steel girder bridge (steel box or H-steel) and PSC (Pre-Stressed Concrete) girder bridge are the representative upper structures of railroad and road bridges. These structures account for 75% of the total bridge constructions and 80% of the total construction cost. Since the form work for concreting bridge slab is difficult, various construction methods developed and applied. However, several problems in those methods did not solve partially, including cost increase by material loss and rise of labor costs, quality deterioration by unskilled workers, increased construction time by complicated method, reduced productivity, safety accident by high place work, difficult transportation by big member, and rise of maintenance cost by material characteristic. Alternative method is needed to solve problems of as-is methods. Therefore, the purpose of this study is development of the purlin hanging system form for the girder bridge slab and its economic analysis. Through the findings of this study, it was verified that the purlin hanging system form is possible 60% reduction in cost and 80% reduction in time as comparison with conventional method.
girder bridge;bridge slab;bridge superstructure concreting form;bridge construction;economic analysis
- Han JS. Local Analysis of Bridge Seat Considered the Critical Loading of Road and Railroad Bridge Design Specifications [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Hanyang University; 2005. 27 p.
- Hyosung LB-DECK. Bridge slab construction method by LB-DECK (PC Panel). Korea Association of Construction Engineering & Management. 2006 Mar;12(3):23-8.
- Lim J, Hong W, Kim J, Kim S. Basic Study of the System Form for Concreting the Bridge Slab. Proceeding of Hong Kong International Conference on Engineering and Applied Science; 2014 Decr 29-31; Hongkong, China. Hongkong (China): Hong Kong International Conference on Engineering and Applied Science; 2014. p. 79-86.
- Lim JY, Lee DH, Lim CY, Kim SK. Development of the System Form for Concreting the Girder Bridge Slab. Journal of The Regional Association of Architectural Institute of Korea. 2015 Dec;17(6):195-202.
- Ahsan R, Rana S, Ghani SN. Cost Optimum Design of Posttensioned I-girder Bridge Using Global Optimization Algorithm. Journal of Structural Engineering. 2012 Feb;138:273-84. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000458
- Sirca GF, Adeli H. Cost Optimization of Prestressed Concrete Bridges. Journal of Structural Engineering. 2005 Mar;131:380-8. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2005)131:3(380)
- Bank LC, Malla AP, Oliva MG, Russell JS, Bentur A, Shapira A. A Model Specification for Fiber Reinforced Non-participating Permanent Formwork Panels for Concrete Bridge Deck Construction. Construction and Building Materials. 2009 Jul;7(23):2664-77.
- Choi JS, Choi YJ, Chae ST. Yoo SW, Assessment of Project Cost Reduction Potential Adopting Cases-Synthetic Approach. Journal of The Korean Institute of Building Construction. 2009 Oct;9(5);137-46.
- Kim TG, Lim JY, Kim SK. Requirement Analysis of the System Form for the Bridge Slab. Proceeding of the 2014 Autumn Annual Conference of The Korea Institute of Building Construction. 2014 Nov 14-15; Goseong, Korea. Seoul (Korea): The Korea Institute of Building Construction;2014. p. 195-6.
- Sung SJ, Lim JY, Kim SK. Basic study about Geometric feasibility analysis of the System form for the Bridge Slab. Proceeding of The 2014 Autumn Annual Conference of The Korea Institute of Building Construction. 2014 Nov 14-15; Goseong, Korea. Seoul (Korea): The Korea Institute of Building Construction; 2014. p. 197-8.
- Kim YJ, Chung CH, Shim CS. A Study on Bond Properties of Joint Grouting Materials for Precast Concrete Bridge Decks. Journal of Korea Concrete Institute. 1998 Feb;10(1):153-60.
- Kim IG, Kim YJ, Kim SW, Jang SK. Rapid and Mechanized Construction of Bridge Deck with Precast Concrete Deck System Used Longitudinal Tendon. Journal of Korea Concrete Institute. 2007 May;19(3):50-4.
- Hyosung LB-DECK. Hyosung LB-DECK Brochure. [Internet]. Wonju:Hyosung LB-DECK; 2011 Nov [cited 2014 Aug 20]. Available from: www.lb-deck.co.kr.
- Sung S, Lim J, Palikhe S, Han K, Kim S. Development of the System Form for Concrete Casting in the Girder Bridge Slab. Proceeding of International Conference on "Engineering & Technology, Computer, Basic & Applied Science" (ECBA-2015), Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia. Kuala Laumpur (Malaysia): Academic Fora; 2015. p. 15.
- Productivity Analysis of the Purlin Hanging System Form for Concreting the Slab of Girder Bridges pp.1976-3808, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-018-0750-y
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)