- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Binder Aging Levels in Asphalt Mixture Caused by Short-term Aging Conditions Using the GPC Technique
GPC를 이용한 아스팔트 혼합물의 단기노화 조건에 따른 노화도 분석
- Received : 2015.11.28
- Accepted : 2016.05.24
- Published : 2016.06.15
PURPOSES : This study aims to show the difference of the binder aging level in the hot-mix asphalt (HMA) mixture after short-term aging (SA) under different aging conditions, such as mixture temperature and duration in hour. METHODS : Three SA times (i.e., 1 h, 2 h, and 4 h) at two temperatures (i.e.,
short-term aging;GPC;absolute viscosity;asphalt pavement;service life reduction
- Ahn, K. A., Kim, S. W., Lee, Y. K. and Kim, K. W. (2002), "Estimation of binder viscosity in aged asphalt mixture using GPC,"Proceedings, 4th International Conference on Road & Airfield Pavement Technology, Kunming, China, April 23.
- Asphalt Institute (2002), "Performance graded asphalt binder specification and testing," Superpave Series No. 1, (SP-1), Lexington, KY, USA.
- Doh, Y. S., Serji N. Amirkhanian and Kim, K. W. (2008), "Analysis of unbalanced binder oxidation level in recycled asphalt mixture using GPC," Construction and Building Materials, 22(6), June, 1253-1260. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2007.01.026
- Jung, J. H., Cho, B. J., Park, N. W., Kim, K. W. (2007), "Study of artificial aging procedure for asphalt mixtures," Journal of Korean Society of Road Engineers, 9(4), 45-54.
- Kim, K. W., and Burati, J. L. (1993), "Use of GPC chromatogram to characterize aged asphalt cement," Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 5(1), ASCE.
- Kim, K. W., Hong, S. K., Cho, M. J. and Doh, Y. S. (2005), "Correlation of binder GPC characteristics and mechanical properties of hot-mix recycled asphalt mixtures," Journal of Korean Society of Road Engineers, 7(1), March, 11-20 .
- Kim, K. W., Kim, K. A., Doh, Y. S. and Amirkhanian, S. N. (2006), "Estimation of RAP's binder viscosity using GPC without binder recovery," Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE, 18(4), July/August, 561-567. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(2006)18:4(561)
- Kim, K. W., Kim, S., Ahn, K. A., Lee, S. J., Yun, Y. B., Han, J. Y. and Yun, J. H. (2014), "Correlation analyses of aging and serviceability properties and development of aging estimation methodology for asphalt pavements," Final Report, Submitted by Kangwon National University to Expressway and Transportation Research Institute, Hwa-sung, Korea.
- Kim, K. W., Lee, G. H. Kwon, O. S., Jeong, K. D. and Amirkhanian, S. N. (2005), "Examination of RAP binder rejuvenation level in recycled asphalt mixtures using GPC," Proceedings of 5th ICPT, Ed. by Kim, May, 251-257.
- Kim, S., Lee, S. H., Kwon, O., Han, J. Y., Kim, Y. S. and Kim, K. W. (2016), "Estimation of service life reduction of asphalt pavement due to short-term ageing measured by GPC from of asphalt mixture," Road Materials and Pavement Design, 17(1), 153-167. https://doi.org/10.1080/14680629.2015.1066704
- Kim, S. Park, J. and Kim, K. W. (2011), "Correlation analyses for implementation of binder properties for rut- potential estimation of asphalt mixtures," Journal of Testing and Evaluation, ASTM, 39(5), 858-867.
- Lee, S., Han, J. Y., Kim, Y., Kim, S. and Kim, K. W. (2014), "Significance of short-term aging due to high asphalt mixture temperature," Journal of Advanced Construction Materials, 19(1), 11-20.
- Lee, S. J., Han, J. Y., Kwon, O. S. Kim, S. and Kim, K. W. (2013), "Binder physical property of HMA mixture after short-term aging treatment," Proceedings of the Spring Conference, Korean Society of Road Engineers, Seoul, March 13.
- Lee, S.-J., Kim, H. S., Amirkhanian, S., Kim, K. W. (2008), "Prediction of engineering properties of recycled aged rubberized mixes using GPC." Urban Transport 2008, Vol. 91, Sept. 1-2, Malta, 469-478.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. (2014), "Production and construction of asphalt mixtures".
- Yun, Y. B., Kwon, O. S., Han, J. Y., Kim, Y. S., Kim, S. and Kim, K. W. (2014), "Development of short-term aging protocol for warm-mix asphalt mixtures," Journal of Advanced Construction Materials, 19(1), 1-10.
- Effects of short-term ageing scenarios on asphalt mixtures’ fracture properties using imaging technique and response surface method pp.1477-268X, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/10298436.2018.1546007
Supported by : 한국산업기술시험원