- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of a Traffic Lane Closure and Pavement Repair for a Certain Period (Focusing on the Gimcheon~Sunsan Project)
1차로 전면차단 후 도로포장 보수방법의 효과분석 (김천~선산 사례중심)
Ryu, Sung Woo;Park, Kwon-Je;Han, SeungHwan;Choi, InGu;Cho, Yoon-Ho
- Received : 2015.12.15
- Accepted : 2016.05.20
- Published : 2016.06.15
PURPOSES : This study supports the evidence that it is possible to rehabilitate a damaged pavement with a lane closure specifically based on the Gimcheon~Sunsan project. METHODS : The prediction results from the simulation programs were compared with field monitoring, which focused on traffic management planning, congestion (length, time, and passing speed), bypass, and user cost, among others. RESULTS : The research results showed that lane closure application and pavement repair of the aged pavement in Korea were possible, even though the prediction results were minimally different from the field monitoring. The road agency contributes to service life extension of the rehabilitated pavement using this method. CONCLUSIONS : A marginal effect caused by the lane closure was observed on travelling users or vehicles, and the user cost of pavement repair decreased. Therefore, introducing the repair method or rehabilitation in Korea is possible. Information dissemination through various media was properly done to execute the project well. Moreover, the construction area traffic utilized nearby alternative roads. Therefore, improving the repaired pavemen's service life while ensuring that the pavement management agency can provide a road with comfortable user riding quality was possible.
traffic lane closure;pavement repair;traffic management plan;congestion;user cost
- Caltrans, "Construction Analysis for Pavement Rehabilitation Strategies) User Manual (Version 2.5)", 2011.
- Caltrans, "Transportation Management Plan Guidelines", Division of Traffic Operations Office of System Management Operations, 2009.
- Federal Highway Administration, "Developing and Implementing Transportation Management Plans for Work Zones", Federal Highway Administration, 2005.
- INRO, "Release Notes: Emme 3.0", 2007.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Road Capacity Manual, 2013.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Statistical Yearbook of Traffic Volume in 2012, 2013.
- Kim, ChanWoo, Concrete Pavement Condition and Improvement in Korea, Korean Society of Road Engineering, Seminar Material of Cement Concrete Pavement Division, 2013.
- Korea Highway Corporation, Statistical Yearbook of Traffic Volume on Expressway in 2012, 2013.
- Korea Highway Corporation, "Criteria Change of Lane Closure by Modifying Road Capacity Manual (Draft)", internal Document of Traffic Management Division, 2013.
- Korea Highway Corporation website, http://www.ex.co.kr, (Accessed in 2015.12).
- PTV AG, "VISSIM 5.30-05 User Manua", 2011.
Supported by : 국토교통부