- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Fundamental Study for Development of an Anti-Icing Pavement System Using Carbon-Fiber Sheet
탄소섬유 쉬트를 활용한 도로 결빙방지 시스템 개발을 위한 기초연구
Lim, Chisu;Park, Kwangpil;Lee, Jaejun;Lee, Byungsuk
- Received : 2016.02.14
- Accepted : 2016.05.25
- Published : 2016.06.15
PURPOSES : This paper aims to develop a road pavement de-icing system using carbon sheet to replace the older snow de-icing method. Carbon sheet is a light and high-strength metal. Hence, various bodies of research for its applications in many industries have progressed. METHODS : The experiment was conducted in a laboratory. The carbon sheet supplied voltage through a power supply system, and produced heat transfers to the concrete surface. Various factors, such as pavement material, carbon sheet width, penetration depth, and freezing-thawing resistance, were considered in the conducted experiments to confirm the heating transfer efficiency of the carbon sheet. RESULTS : The carbon sheet used was a conductor. Therefore, it produced heat if voltage was supplied. The exposed carbon sheet on the atmosphere did not affect the carbon sheet width when it provided constant voltage. However, the sheet showed different heating behaviors by width change when the carbon sheet penetrated into the concrete. Moreover, the freezing-thawing resistance was decreased by the carbon sheet with increasing width. CONCLUSIONS : The experiments confirmed the possibility of developing a road snow melting system using a carbon sheet. The antiicing system using the carbon sheet to replace the traditional anti-icing system has disadvantages of environmental pollution risk and electric leakage. The pavement also improved its toughness resistance. The utilization value will be very high in the future if carbon sheet heat loss can be minimized and durability is improved.
climate change;de-icing pavement system;carbon sheet
- Chea, Jongyun., Kim, Gyeongmae., Han, Byungjo., Park, Dongsu., Koo, Kyungwan. (2014) Road Ice Protection System using Carbon Thread. KEE Summer conference 2014, pp. 1522-1523.
- Choi, Deokin., Hwang, Kwangil. (2012) An Evaluation and Prediction of Performance of Road Snow-melting System Utilized by Ground Source Heat Pump. 2012 Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 32, pp. 138-145.
- Kim, Sangyup., Hong, Hyungi., Na, Hohyuk., Kim, Seonggyu. (2014) Analysis of the Cause of the Accident and the Road Surface Ice Decreases Study. 2014 Koreasociety of road engineers spring conference, pp. 223-228.
- KSA(Korea Standard Association), (2013) "Standard test method for resistance of concrete to rapid freezing and thawing", KS F 2456.
- Yun, Taeyoung. (2015) Theoretical Study on Snow Melting Process on Porous Pavement System by using Heat amd Mass Transfer. 2015 International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 17, pp. 1-10.
- Zuquan, TANG., Zhiuqiu, LI., Jueshi, QIAN., Kejin, WANG. (2005) Experimental Study on Deicing Performance of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Conductive Concrete. J. Mater. Sci. Technol., Vol.21 No.1, 2005 pp. 113-117. https://doi.org/10.1179/174328405X16289
Supported by : 한국연구재단