- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Nursing Professionalism, Academic Failure Tolerance and Social Self-efficacy on College Life Satisfaction among Nursing Students
간호대학생의 간호전문직관, 학업적 실패내성과 사회적 자기효능감이 대학생활 삶의 만족도에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.01.30
- Accepted : 2016.04.10
- Published : 2016.05.31
Purpose: This study examined the effects of nursing professionalism, academic failure tolerance and social self-efficacy on college life satisfaction among nursing students. Methods: Data were collected between September 1 and October 16, 2015 via a self-reported questionnaire from 170 nursing students using convenient sampling methods. The survey included questions about nursing professionalism, academic failure tolerance, social self-efficacy, and college life satisfaction. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson correlation coefficient, and hierarchical multiple regression with IBM SPSS/WIN 20.0. Results: Establishment vision about nursing science (
- Bandura, A. (1977). Self-efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review, 84(2), 191-215. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Bozoglan, B., Demirer, V., & Sahin, I. (2013). Loneliness. self-esteem, and life satisfaction as predictors of internet addiction: A cross-sectional study among Turkish university students. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, 54(4), 313-319. https://doi.org/10.1111/sjop.12049
- Cho, M. S., & Lee, Y. H. (2001). The effect of probability, cost judgemental biases for negative social event and self efficacy in social situation on social anxiety. The Korean Journal of Clinical psychology, 20(1), 93-103.
- Choi, J., & Park, M. (2013). Methodological triangulation method to evaluate adjustment to college life in associate nursing college students. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 13(7), 339-349.
- Clifford, M. M. (1984). Thoughts on a theory of constructive failure. Educational Psychology, 19, 109-120.
- Diener, E., Emmons, R. A., Larsen, R. J., & Griffin, S. (1985). The satisfaction with life scale. Journal of Personality Assessment, 49, 71-75. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4901_13
- Faul, F., Erdfelder, E., Lang, A. G., & Buchner, A. (2007). G*POWER 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research Methods, 39, 175-91. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- Han, K. S., Park, Y. J., Kim, K. M., Oh, Y. J., Jin, J. H., & Kang, H. C. (2008). Communication style, self efficacy, emotional regulation, and ways of coping among nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 17(1), 28-34.
- Han, K. S., Yang, Y. K., Bae, M. H., & Yang, S. H. (2014). Social support, academic stress, clinical practice stress in college student of nursing. The Korean Journal of Stress Research, 22(1), 23-33. https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2014.22.1.23
- Han, S., Kim, M., & Yun, E. K. (2008). Factors affecting nursing professionalism. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 14(1), 73-79. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.073
- Jeon, H. O., & Yeom, E. (2014). The influence of gender role conflicts, academic stress coping ability, and social support on adaptations to college life among male nursing students. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 14(12), 796-807. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.12.796
- Kim, A. (2002). Development of standardized student motivation scales. Journal of Educational Evaluation, 15(1), 157-184.
- Kim, K., & Lim, J. (2012). Effects of optimism and orientations to happiness on psychological well-being of college students. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 50(1), 89-101.
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. (2015, December). Some causes of the psycho-social anxiety in Korea and how to address them. Retrieved January 20, 2016, from https://www.kihasa.re.kr/html/jsp/publication/research/list.jsp
- Kwon, Y. M., & Yeun, E. J. (2007). A correlation study on nursing professional values, department satisfaction, sociality, self-esteem among nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 13(3), 285-292.
- Lee, J., & Lee, H. (1998). A study on quality of life among college student in Korea. The Journal of Korean Society for Health Education, 15(2), 105-117.
- Lee, J. S., & Cho, N. H. (2001). The effects of students' success or failure experience on their achievement motivation and emotion. The Journal of Educational Research & Development, 22(2), 25-36.
- Luthar, S. S. (1991). Vulnerability and resilience: A study of high risk adolescents. Child Development, 62(3), 600-616. https://doi.org/10.2307/1131134
- Mahmoud, J. S., Staten, R. T., Hall, LA., & Lennie, T. A. (2012). The relationship among young adult college students' depression, anxiety, stress, demographics, life satisfaction, and coping styles. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 33(3) 149-156. https://doi.org/10.3109/01612840.2011.632708
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. (2015, August). 2015 How's life. Retrieved January 20, 2016, from http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/#/11111111111
- Park, H. S., & Kwon, B. S. (2006). Satisfaction with life and it's predictors of college students. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 15(1), 48-56.
- Song, H. R. (2010). Comparative study of professional self-concept and caring perception in nurses and nursing students. Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji University, Daejeon.
- Song, Y. S. (2012). Stressful life events and quality of life in nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 18(1), 71-80. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.1.071
- Scheier, L. M., Botvin, G. J., Diaz, T., & Griffin, K. W. (1999). Social skills, competence, and drug refusal efficacy as predictors of adolescent alcohol use. Journal Drug Education, 29(3), 251-279. https://doi.org/10.2190/M3CT-WWJM-5JAQ-WP15
- Trzeniewski, K. H., Donnellan, M. B., Moffitt, T. E., Robins, R. W., Poulton, R., & Caspi, A. (2006). Low self-esteem during adolescence predicts poor health, criminal behavior a limited economic prospects during adulthood. Developmental Psychology, 42(2), 381-390. https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-1618.104.22.1681
- Wei, M., Russell, D. W., & Zakalik R. A. (2005). Adult attachment, social self-efficacy, self-disclosure, loneliness, and subsequent depression for freshman college students: A longitudinal study. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 52(4), 602-614. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-022.214.171.1242
- Weis, D., & Schank, M. J. (2000). An instrument to measure professional nursing values. Journal of Nursing Research, 32(2), 201-204.
- Whang, S. J. (2006). The relationship between clinical stress, self efficacy, and self-esteem of nursing college students. Journal Korean Academy Society Nursing Education, 12, 205-213.
- Yeun, E. J., Kwon, Y. M., & Ahn, O. H. (2005). Development of a nursing professional values scale. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35(6), 1091-1100. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.6.1091
- Yoon, H. K., Choi, J., Lee, E., Lee, H., & Park, M. (2013). Effects of decision making competency, nursing professionalism, and job satisfaction on turnover impulse among nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 19(5), 658-667. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.5.658
Supported by : 청주대학교 보건의료과학연구소