- Volume 12 Issue 2
Extensible 3D (X3D) is the ISO standard for defining 3D interactive web- and broadcast-based 3D content integrated with multimedia. With the advent of this integration of interactive 3D graphics into the web, users can easily produce 3D scenes within web contents. Even though there are diverse texture nodes in X3D, projective textures are not provided. We enable X3D to provide SingularProjectiveTexture and MultiProjectiveTexture nodes by materializing independent nodes of projector nodes for a singular projector and multi-projector. Our approach takes the creation of an independent projective texture node instead of Kamburelis's method, which requires inconvenient and duplicated specifications of two nodes, ImageTexture and Texture Coordinate.
Projective Texture Mapping;Shadow Mapping;X3D;Scene Graph
- Web3D CONSORTIUM, "VRML" http://web3d.org/x3d/specifications, Mar., 2016,
- WEB 3D CONSORTIUM, "X3D" http://web3d.org/x3d/specifications, Mar., 2016,
- WEB 3D CONSORTIUM, "X3D texture" http://web3d.org/ x3d/ specifications, Mar., 2016,
- WEB 3D CONSORTIUM, "X3D 3D Texturing Component," http://web3d.org/x3d/specifications, Mar., 2016,
- X3D Specification, X3DPublicSpecifications╲ISO-IEC-19775-1.2-X3D-AbstractSpecification, http://www.web3d.org, Mar., 2016.
- X3D: Extensible 3D Graphics for Web Authors, http://x3dgraphics.com/, Mar., 2016.
- DonBrutzman and Leonard Daly, X3D: Extensible 3DGraphics for Web Authors, Morgan Kaufmann, 2007.
- Cass Everitt, Projective Texture mapping, nVidia, 2001.
- J. R. Spann and K. S. Kaufman, “Photogrammetry using 3D Graphics and Projective Textures,” IAPRS, vol. XXXIII, Part B5/1, Com. V, Amsterdam, pp. 748-755, 2000.
- Michalis Kamburelis, "Shadow maps and projective texturing in X3D," the 15th International Conference on Web 3D Technology, pp. 17-26, 2010.
- Eunjung Kim, Kwan-Hee Yoo, Je-Hoon Lee, Yong-Dae Kim, and Younggap You, "Composite Endoscope Images from Massive Inner Interestine Photos," Lecture Notes on Artificial Intelligence 4570, pp. 1042-1051, 2007.
- Mark Segal, Carl Korobkin, Rolf van Widenfelt, Jim Foran, and Paul Haeberli "Fast shadows and lighting effects using texture mapping," 19th Annual Conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques, pp. 249-252, Jul., 1992.
- In-Kwon Kim, Ho-Wook Jang, and Kwan-HeeYoo, "Definition of Projective Texture Mapping Node in X3D," In Proc. of the Korea Computer Graphics Society, vol. 21, no.3, pp. 83-84, Jul., 2015.
- http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/-tomh, Mar., 2016.
- FreeWRL, "X3D Viewer", http://freewrl.sourceforge.net/, Mar., 2016.
- X3Dom, http://www.x3dom.org, Mar., 2016.
연구 과제번호 : 대학ICT연구센터육성지원
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 충북대학교산학협력단