- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Case report of Soyangin patient with early-stage Parkinson's disease treated with Hyeongbangjihwhang-tang
형방지황탕(荊防地黃湯)으로 호전된 초기 파킨슨병환자의 두통(頭痛) 변비(便秘) 치험례
Lee, In-Sung;Won, Jin-Hee
- Received : 2016.05.31
- Accepted : 2016.06.22
- Published : 2016.06.30
Objectives The purpose of this case study is to report significant improvement of headache, constipation and a slight improvement of tremor after treatment with Hyeongbangjihwhang-tang in a Soyangin patient with Parkinson's disease.Methods This Soyangin patient is treated by Hyeongbangjihwhang-tang and acupuncture therapy. The progress was evaluated using the Unified Parkinson Disease Rating Scale before and after treatment. Secondary results assessments include Global Assessment Scale, change of patient's omniloquilism, Xerostomia and Cold hands & Feet Syndrome.Results and Conclusions The patient's symptoms of headache, constipation and tremor were improved after using Hyeongbangjihwhang-tang. and UDPRS score decreased in Part Ⅰ, Part Ⅱ, and Part Ⅲ. In conclusion, this study shows that Hyeongbangjihwhang-tang can be effective treatment for Soyangin patient with early-stage Parkinson''s disease. Overall, Sasang medicine can be a solution of the symptoms caused by Parkinson's disease. Through Sasang medicine we can contribute Parkinson's disease Patient's quality of life get better.
Parkinson's disease;Hyeongbangjihwhang-tang;Soyangin;Unified Parkinson Disease Rating Scale
- Dauer W, Przedborski S. Parkinson’s disease: mechanisms and models. Neuron. 2003;39:889-909. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0896-6273(03)00568-3
- Victor Ropper. Principles of Neurology. Mcgraw-Hill. 2001:1128-37.
- Brooks AI, Chadwick CA, Gelbard HA, Cory-Slechta DA, Federoff HJ. Paraquat elicited neurobehavioral syndrome caused by dopaminergic neuron loss. Brain Res. 1999;823:1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-8993(98)01192-5
- Barnham KJ, Masters CL, Bush AI. Neurodegenerativediseases andoxidative stress. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2004;3:205-14. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrd1330
- Frank-Cannon TC, Alto LT, McAlpine FE, Tansey MG. Does neuroinflammation fan the flame in neurodegenerative diseases. Mol Neurodegener. 2009.
- K.W. Linsay, I. Bone. Neurology And Neurosurgery Illustrated. 4th edition. Seoul:E Public. 2006:502-507.
- Park SM, Lee SH, IN CS, Kang MG, Jang DI, Kang SG, et al. Literature Review on Parkinson's disease in Oriental medicine. J. Korean acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2004;21(1):202-10. (Korean)
- Ha JY, Lee SH, Yin CS, Kang JW, Chang DI, Lee YH. The Effect of Manual Acupuncture Therapy on Symptoms of the patients with Idiopathic Parkinson's Disease. J. Korean Oriental Med 2003;24(3):172-183. (Korean)
- Jung JC, Kim KH, Park YC, Kim HB, Lee SH, Chang DI, et al. The Study on the Effect of Acupuncture on UPDRS and Heart Rate Variability in the Patients with Idiopathic Parkinson's Disease. J. Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society 2006;23(3):143-153. (Korean)
- Kim YK, Lim HH, Song YK, Lee HH, Lim S, Han SM, et al. Effect of acupuncture on 6-hydroxydopamine-induced nigrostriatal dopaminergic neuronal cell death in rats, Neuroscience Letters 384(2005) 133-138. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neulet.2005.04.068
- Lee JH. Effectiveness of combined therapy of acupuncture and bee venom acupuncture on idiopathic Parkinson's disease : Focused on Clinical assessment and neuroimaging results. 2012.
- Marttila RJ. Diagnosis and epidermiology of Parkinson's disease. Acta Neuro Scand. 1983;suppl 95:9-17. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0404.1983.tb01512.x
- Olanow, C. W. , Watts, R. L. and Koller, W. C.: An algorithm (decision tree) for the management of Parkinson's disease treatment guidelines. Neurology 56,1(2001). https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.56.1.1
- Miller JL. Parkinson's disease primer. Geriatr Nurs. 2002;23(2):69-75 https://doi.org/10.1067/mgn.2002.123789