- Volume 53 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Shear Flow Calculation Program for Ship Hull Transverse Section
선체 횡단면의 전단흐름 계산 프로그램 개발
- Received : 2015.12.25
- Accepted : 2016.05.27
- Published : 2016.06.20
Accurate estimation of shear flows in thin-walled beam section is the key issue to evaluate shear stress distribution of ship hull transverse section under the shear forces acting on hull girder. It is regarded that the method using the warping functions obtained by finite element formulation is the state of the art of this field. Recently, however, IACS took effect the new version of CSR in which direct calculation process of shear flow was suggested. In the direct calculation process, shear flow of ship hull section can be obtained by the addition of determinate and indeterminate shear flows calculated respectively. So, in this paper, the shear flow evaluation codes based on the process proposed by IACS CSR and warping function based method were developed respectively. The calculated results of shear flows for the several examples of ship sections were compared with each other and considered in detail.
Shear flow;Ship hull transverse section;Thin-walled section beam;Warping function
- Fujitani, Y., 1973. Some Attempts on the Refinement of Modern Engineering Theory of Beams(1st Report), Industrial Institute of Science, University of Tokyo.
- Fujitani, Y., 1982. Frame Structure Analysis by using Thin-Walled Beam Element, Seisan Kenkyu Seminar Text Course 79.
- Hughes, O.F., 1982. Ship Structural Design. John Wilet & Sons.
- IACS, 2015. Common Structural Rules for Bulk Carriers and Oil Tankers: Part 1 Ch. 5 Appendix 1 Direct Calculation of Shear Flow.
- Nho, I.S., Lee, J.Y., Woo, J.J. & Oh, Y.T., 2015. Calculation of section properties and shear flow in ship hull section. Proceedings of the 2009 Korea Association of Ocean Science and Technology Societies, Jeju, Korea, 21-23 May, pp.293-299.
- Park, S.W. 1997. Structural Analysis of Thin-walled Beams by using Mixed Finite Element Method. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 34(4), pp. 99-107
- Paulling, J.R., 2008. The Principles of Naval Architecture Series : Strength of Ships and Ocean Structures, SNAME.