- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Integrated Optimization Design of Carbon Fiber Composite Framework for Small Lightweight Space Camera
Yang, Shuai;Sha, Wei;Chen, Changzheng;Zhang, Xingxiang;Ren, Jianyue
- Received : 2016.03.04
- Accepted : 2016.05.26
- Published : 2016.06.25
A Carbon Fiber Composite (CFC) framework was designed for a small lightweight space camera. According to the distribution characteristics of each optical element in the optical system, CFC (M40J) was chosen to accomplish the design of the framework. TC4 embedded parts were used to solve the low accuracy of the CFC framework interface problem. An integrated optimization method and the optimization strategy which combined a genetic global optimization algorithm with a downhill simplex local optimization algorithm were adopted to optimize the structure parameters of the framework. After optimization, the total weight of the CFC framework and the TC4 embedded parts is 15.6 kg, accounting for only 18.4% that of the camera. The first order frequency of the camera reaches 104.8 Hz. Finally, a mechanical environment test was performed, and the result demonstrates that the first order frequency of the camera is 102 Hz, which is consistent with the simulation result. It further verifies the rationality and correctness of the optimization result. The integrated optimization method mentioned in this paper can be applied to the structure design of other space cameras, which can greatly improve the structure design efficiency.
Space camera;Framework;Carbon fiber composite (CFC);Integrated optimization;Combined optimization strategy
- L. Wei, G. Jin, X. G. Xie, L. Zhang, and L. Yang, “Optimized design of primary load-bearing structure for earth observation micro-satellite,” Optics and Precision Engineering 23, 3183-3191 (2015). https://doi.org/10.3788/OPE.20152311.3183
- K. Murthy, M. Shearn, B. D. Smiley, A. H. Chau, J. L. Levine, and D. Robinson, “SkySat-1:Very high-resolution imagery from a small satellite,” Proc. SPIE 9241, 92411E (2014).
- Y. Wang and Y. Huang, “Development and application prospects of modern small satellite technology,” Proc. SPIE 7651, 765126 (2010).
- Y. H. Chen, H. D. Chen, and Y. T. Fu, “Optical design of small-sized camera in visible for micro-satellite,” Infrared and Laser Engineering 44, 2087-2092 (2015).
- L. Feinberg, L. Cohen, B. Dean, W. Hayden, J. Howard, and R. Keski-Kuha, “Space telescope design considerations,” Opt. Eng. 51, 011006 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1117/1.OE.51.1.011006
- C. Li, X. He, and Q. Liu, “Design and topology optimization of space camera frame fabricated by high volume fraction SiC/Al composite material,” Infrared and Laser Engineering 43, 2526-2531 (2014).
- S. E. Forman, “Advanced Land Imager: mechanical design, integration, and testing,” Lincoln Laboratory Journal 15, 181-196 (2005).
- Y. Yan, G Song, A. Yuan, and G. Jin, “Optimum design of the carbon fiber thin-walled baffle for the space-based camera,” Proc. SPIE 8196, 81960X (2011).
- R. N. Martin and R. C. Romeo, “CFRP composite optical telescope assembly for the 1m ULTRA project,” Proc. SPIE 6273, 627311 (2006).
- A. S. McEwen, E. M. Eliason, J. W. Bergstrom, N. T. Bridges, C. J. Hansen, W. A. Delamere, J. A. Grant, V. C. Gulick, K. E. Herkenhoff, L. Keszthelyi, R. L. Kirk, M. T. Mellon, S. W. Squyres, N. Thomas, and C. M. Weitz, “Mars reconnaissance orbiter’s High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment(HiRISE),” J. Geophys. Res. 112, E05S02 (2007).
- L. G. Cook, “Three-mirror anastigmat used off-axis in aperture and field,” Proc. SPIE 183, 207-211 (1979).
- J. Y. Ren, C. Z. Chen, B. He, and B. Wang, “Application of SiC and SiC/Al to TMA optical remote sensor,” Optics and Precision Engineering 16, 2537-2543 (2008).
- J. Guo, M. D. Shao, G. L. Wang, and J. M. Sun, “Design of optical-mechanical structure made of CFC in space remote sensing camera,” Optics and Precision Engineering 20, 571-578 (2012). https://doi.org/10.3788/OPE.20122003.0571
- E. J. Riley, E. H. Lenzing, and R. M. Narayanan, “Characterization of carbon fiber composite materials for RF applications,” Proc. SPIE 9077, 907704 (2014).
- S. Yang, W. Sha, C. Z. Chen, X. X. Zhang, and J. Y. Ren, “Detection support structure of large-aperture off-axis rectangular mirror,” Optics and Precision Engineering 23, 2835-2842 (2015). https://doi.org/10.3788/OPE.20152310.2835
- Optimal design for the support structure of a cavity mirror in a chemical oxygen iodine laser resonator vol.56, pp.35, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.56.009793