- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design for Improving the Loss Factor of Composite with Sandwich Structure
샌드위치 구조를 가지는 복합재의 손실계수 향상을 위한 설계
Lee, C. M.;Jeon, G.S.;Kang, D.S.;Kim, B.J.;Kim, J.H.;Kang, M.H.;Seo, Y.S.
- Received : 2015.11.24
- Accepted : 2016.05.16
- Published : 2016.06.20
Underwater weapon system is required to structurally strong material, since as it is directly exposed to external shock. It should also be using the lightweight material in order to take advantage of buoyancy. Composite materials meet these requirements simultaneously. Particularly in the case of submarine, composite materials are widely used. It is important to have a high strength enough to be able to withstand external shock, but it is also important to attenuate it. In a method for the shock damping, viscoelastic damping materials are inserted between the high strength composite material as a sandwich structure. Shock attenuation can be evaluated in the loss factor. In ASTM(American Society of Testing Materials), evaluation method of the loss factor of cantilever specimens is specified. In this paper, mode tests of the cantilever are performed by the ASTM standard, in order to calculate the loss factor of the viscoelastic damping material by the specified expression. Further, for verifying of the calculated loss factor, mode test of compound beams is carried out. In addition, the characteristics of the material were analyzed the effect on the loss factor.
Composite;Damping Material;Loss Factor;Modulus of Elasticity;Resonance Frequency
- Lee, C. M. and Lee, J., 2001, A Study on the Evaluation of Loss Factor and Young's Modulus of Damping Materials on Temperature Condition, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 391~397.
- Kim, S. S., Cho, D. S. and Lee, M. W., 1999, Optimum Design of Viscoelastic Layered Beam to Minimize Flexural Vibration, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 90~98.
- Min, C. H., Park, H. I. and Bae, S. R., 2008, Experimental Vibration Analysis Damped Beam Model Using Multi-degree Curve Fitting Method, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 584~585.
- Min, C. H., Park, H. I. and Bae, S. R., 2008, Experimental Vibration Analysis for Viscoelastically Damped Circular Cylindrical Shell Using Nonlinear Least Square Method, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 41~46.
- Park, H. I., Shon, J. G., Min, C. H. and Bae, S. R., 2007, An Experimental Study on the Measurement of Elastic and Damping Coefficients of a Composite Material, Journal of Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 44, No. 1, pp. 26~31. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2007.44.1.026
- Lee, D. H., 2008, Optimal Layout Design of Frequency- and Temperature-dependent Viscoelastic Materials for Maximum Loss Factor of Constrained-layer Damping Beam, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 185~191. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2008.18.2.185
- ASTM E756-04, Standard Test Method for Measuring Vibration-Damping Properties of Materials.
- Nashif, A. D., 1985, Vibration Damping, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Grant : 체계개발
Supported by : 국방과학연구소