- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Experimental Evaluation of Deployment Time of Active Hood Lift System According to Structural Improvement
능동후드리프트 시스템의 구조 설계에 따른 전개시간의 실험적 평가
- Received : 2016.02.18
- Accepted : 2016.03.29
- Published : 2016.06.20
In this research, the performances of active hood lift system(AHLS) are investigated according to the structural improvement through the experimental test. After introducing the working principle of the AHLS activated by a gunpowder actuator, the structural problems that cause the inefficiencies in the actuation are analyzed to reduce the deployment time of system. Sequentially, the improved structural model is proposed base on the analysis. The deployment time of AHLS are evaluated by the experimental test, and it has been identified that the improved model can provide a faster deploying time of AHLS.
Active Hood Lift System;Deployment Time;Pedestrian Safety;Structural Complement;Structural Design;Gunpowder Actuator
- Grubb, G., Zelinsky, A., Nilsson, L. and Rilbe, M., 2004, 3D Vision Sensing for Improved Pedestrian Safety, In Proc. IEEE Intell. Veh. Symp., pp. 19~24.
- Tarak, G. and Mohan, T., 2007, Pedestrian Protection Systems: Issues, Survey, and Challenges, IEEE Transactions On Intelligent Transportation Systems Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 413~430. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2007.903444
- Song, H. J., Woo, D. and Choi, S. B., 2006, Dynamic Characteristic Analysis of MR Impact Damper for Vehicle System, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 7, pp. 754~761. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2006.16.7.754
- Teng, T. L. and Ngo, V. L., 2012, Redesign of the Vehicle Bonnet Structure for Pedestrian Safety, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 226, No. 1, pp. 70~84. https://doi.org/10.1177/0954407011413985
- Fredriksson, R., Håland, Y. and Yang, J., 2001, Evaluation of a New Pedestrian Head Injury Protection System with a Sensor in the Bumper and Lifting of the Bonnet's Rear Part, SAE Technical Paper Series, Society of Automotive Engineers, 131.
- Strittmatter, J., Gümpel, P. and Zhigang, H., 2009, Long-time Stability of Shape Memory Actuators for Pedestrian Safety System, J. Achiev. Mater. Manuf. Eng., Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 23~30.
- Shin, M., Park, K. and Park, G., 2008, Design of the Active Hood Lift System Using Orthogonal Arrays, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 222, No. 5, pp. 705~717. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544070JAUTO564
- Oh, C., Kang, Y. and Kim, W., 2008, Assessing the Safety Benefits of an Advanced Vehicular Technology for Protecting Pedestrians, Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 935~942. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2007.10.010
- Nagatomi, K., Hanayama, K., Ishizaki, T., Sasaki, S. and Matsuda, K., 2005, Development and Full-scale Dummy Tests of a Pop-up Hood System for Pedestrian Protection, Proceeding of the 19th International Technical Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles, 05-0113.
- Lee, T. H., Yoon, G. H. and Choi, S. B., 2016, A Study on Deploying Time of Active Hood Lift System of Passenger Vehicles with Principal Design Parameters, Transactions of the Korean society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 63~68. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2016.26.1.063
- Euro NCAP, 2015, Pedestrian Testing Protocol-testing-protocol Version 8.2, European New Car Assessment Programme.
- Lee, K., Jung, H. and Bae, H., 2007, The Study on Developing Active Hood Lift System for Decreasing Pedestrian Head Injury, In: 20th International Technical Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles, 07-0198.