- Volume 24 Issue 4
In this paper, a study based on engine operating conditions versus hybrid excavator engines was conducted about the engine performance and fuel consumption via the 1-D engine simulation model. First of all, engine operating points with performance and emission were determined by driving patterns. The 1-D HFEM(High Frequency Engine Model) was developed for deep insight into engine combustion and the energy conversion phenomena. In accordance with changing operating points, especially High Idle and Rated output conditions, engine parameters and systems such as turbocharger(Waste Gate Turbocharger and Variable Geometry Turbocharger) injection strategies and EGR(Exhaust Gas Recirculation) should be considered. Therefore, various configurations and parametric analysis with optimization methods in hybrid excavator were simulated and optimized by NLPQL(Non-linear Programming by Quadratic Lagrangian algorithm) in 1-D HFEM. As a result, the fuel consumption with the developed hybrid electric excavator engine could be significantly decreased and bsfc(Brake Specific Fuel Consumption) was also reduced about 5 % to 7 % without any performance degradation.
Hybrid excavator;Bsfc;Fuel consumption;Variable geometry turbocharger;Exhaust gas recirculation
- S. Kim and S. Sul, "Control of Rubber Tyred Gantry Crane with Energy Storage Based on Supercapacitor Bank," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol.21, No.5, pp.1420-1427, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.880260
- J. M. Miller, "Hybrid Electric Vehicle Propulsion System Architectures of the E-Cvt Type," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol.21, No.3, pp.756-767, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.872372
- D. Wang, S. Pan and X. Lin, "Design of Energy Storage Unit for Hybrid Excavator Power Management," IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, 2008.
- T. Kwon, S. Lee, S. Sul, C. Park, N. Kim, B. Kang and M. Hong, "Power Control Algorithm for Hybrid Excavator with Supercapacitor," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol.46, No.4, pp.1447-1455, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2010.2049815
- K. Jin, T. Park and H. Lee, "A Control Method to Suppress the Swing Vibration of a Hybrid Excavator Using Sliding Mode Approach," Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Vol.226, No.5, pp.1237-1253, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1177/0954406211421260
- M. Kagoshima, T. Sora and M. Komiyama, "20044743 Development of Hybrid Power Train Control System for Excavator," Transactoins-Society of Automotive Enigineers of Japan, Vol.35, No.4, pp.95-100, 2004.
- A. Tsutsui, T. Nanjyo and T. Yoshimatsu, "Development of the Electro Hydraulic Actuator System on Hybrid Excavator," Paper Presented at the Proceedings of the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan Annual Congress, 2003.
- M. Kagoshima, M. Komiyama, T. Nanjo and A. Tsutsui, "Development of New Hybrid Excavator," Kobelco Technology Review, No.27, pp.39-42, 2007.
- T. Nanjo, E. Takao, K. Imanishi, O. Kazuhiro and A. Tsutsui, "Simulation and Evaluation Technique for Power System and Related Energy Saving on Hydraulic Excavator," Kobelco Technology Review, No.27, pp.28-34, 2007.
- S. Yoo, S. An, C. Park and N. Kim, "Design and Control of Hybrid Electric Power System for a Hydraulically Actuated Excavator," SAE 2009-01-2927, 2009.
- T. Lin, W. Qingfeng, B. Hu and W. Gong, "Development of Hybrid Powered Hydraulic Construction Machinery," Automation in Construction, Vol.19, No.1, pp.11-19, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2009.09.005
- H. Lee, S. Sul, S. Kwak and S. Kim, "System Configuration and Control Strategy for Compound Type Hybrid Excavator with Ultra Capacitor," International Power Electronics Conference, 2010.
- J. B. Heywood, Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals, McGraw-Hill International Editions, Columbus, 1998.
- M. Kim, P. Liechty and D. Reitz, "Optimization of Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Operating Parameters Using Micro-Genetic Algorithms," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.13, No.2, pp.101-107, 2005.
Grant : 융합지식기반 창조형 기계항공인재 양성사업단
Supported by : 서울대학교