- Volume 24 Issue 4
The vehicle attitude and sideslip is critical information to control the vehicle to prevent from unintended motion. Many of estimation strategy use bicycle model or IMU integration, but both of them have limits on application. The main purpose of this paper is development of vehicle orientation estimator which is robust to various vehicle state and road shape. The suggested estimator use 3-axis magnetometer, yaw rate sensor and lateral acceleration sensor to estimate three Euler angles of vehicle. The estimator is composed of two individual observers: First, comparing the known magnetic field and gravity with measured value, the TRIAD algorithm calculates optimal rotational matrix when vehicle is in static or quasi-static condition. Next, merging 3-axis magnetometer with inertial sensors, the extended Kalman filter is used to estimate vehicle orientation under dynamic condition. A validation through simulation tools, Carsim and Simulink, is performed and the results show the feasibility of the suggested estimation method.
Vehicle dynamics;Euler angle estimation;Sideslip estimation;Sensor fusion;Attitude estimation
- J. J. Oh and S. B. Choi, "Vehicle Velocity Observer Design Using 6-d Imu and Multipleobserver Approach," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.13, No.4, pp.1865-1879, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2012.2204984
- H. Kim and J. Ryu, "Sideslip Angle Estimation Considering Short-duration Longitudinal Velocity Variation," Int. J. Automotive Technology, Vol.12, No.4, pp.545-553, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-011-0064-2
- M. L. Psiaki, F. Martel and P. K. Pal, "Three-axis Attitude Determination via Kalman Filtering of Magnetometer Data," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.13, No.3, pp.506-514, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.25364
- J. H. Yoon and H. Peng, "A Cost-effective Sideslip Estimation Method Using Velocity Measurements from Two GPS Receivers," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol.63, No.6, pp.2589-2599, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2013.2294717
- J. L. Crassidis, K. L. Lai and R. R. Harman, "Real-time Attitude-independent Three-axis Magnetometer Calibration," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.28, No.1, pp.115-120, 2005. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.6278
- L. Markley, "Attitude Determination Using Two Vector Measurements," NASA Conference Publication, NASA, 1999.
- Y. J. Hwang, Cost-Effective Vehicle Attitudes Estimation by Using Magnetometer and GPS, M. S. Thesis, KAIST, Daejeon, 2015.
Supported by : 정보 통신 기술진흥센터, 한국연구재단