- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Characteristics of Simulated Real Driving Emissions by Using Random Driving Cycle
임의주행 사이클을 이용한 실제도로 주행 배출가스 특성 모사에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.02.04
- Accepted : 2016.05.02
- Published : 2016.07.01
This study was conducted in order to estimate the exhaust emissions analysis method of the real driving emission(RDE). The Association for Emissions Control by Catalyst(AECC) has developed a test procedure by using a random cycle method based on the chassis dynamometer. In order to confirm this approach in Korea, Euro 5(DPF), Euro 6(DPF + LNT), and Euro 6(DPF + SCR) were performed on three different vehicles to determine the exhaust gas characteristics of the random cycle, real-road driving test(PEMS), and emission certification driving mode(NEDC). Six different random cycle driving modes were generated by the vehicle specifications(e.g. curb weight, engine power, gear ratio, and maximum acceleration). The NOx emissions were increased in the NEDC, random cycle, and PEMS order in this study regardless of the test vehicles. The random cycle method has the advantage because it utilizes a chassis dynamometer in the laboratories for a repeatable data collection, and it allows any eminent emission improvement checked prior to a real-road driving test with PEMS.
Emission regulations;RDE;Random cycle;PEMS;After-treatment system
- J. Hwang, Understanding of Vehicle Emissions Certification System(I), National Institute of Environmental Research, National Transportation Pollution Research Center, 2013.
- California Air Resource Board, The California Low Emission Vehicle Regulation, 2008.
- UN ECE Regulation No.83, Uniform Provisions Concerning the Approval of Vehicles with Regards to the Emission of Pollutants According to Engine Fuel Requirements, 2011.
- J. Park, J. Lee, S. Kim, J. Kim and K. Ahn, "A Study on the Emission Characteristics of Korean Light-duty Vehicles in Real-road Driving Conditions," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.21, No.6, pp.123-134, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2013.21.6.123
- Seoul Metropolitan Government, Seoul Air Quality Information, http://cleanair.seoul.ac.kr, 2015.
- CARS21 High Level Group on the Competitiveness and Sustainable Growth of the Automotive Industry in the European Union Final Report, 2012.
- M. Weiss, P. Bonnel, R. Hummel and N. Steininger, A Complementary Emissions Test for Light-duty Vehicles: Assessing the Technical Feasibility of Candidate Procedures, JRC Scientific and Policy Reports, 2013.
- J. May, D. Bosteels and C. Favre, "An Assessment of Emissions from Light-duty Vehicles using PEMS and Chassis Dynamometer Testing," SAE Int. J. Engines, Vol.7, Issue 3, 2014.
- Audi Vorsprung Durch Technik, Random Cycle Generator, 2014.
- S. Oak, M. Eom, J. Lee, J. Park, J. Kim and M. Chon, "Characteristics of Real-road Driving NOx Emissions from Korean Light-duty Vehicles regarding Driving Routes," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.23, No.1, pp.130-138, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2015.23.1.130
- S. Kwon, S. Kwon, J. Lee, S. Oak, Y. Seo, S. Park and M. Chon, "Data Evaluation Methods for Real Driving Emissions using Portable Emissions Measurement System(PEMS)," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol.39, No.12, pp.965-973, 2015. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2015.39.12.965
Supported by : 국립환경과학원