- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study about Impact of Battery SOC on Fuel Economy of Conventional Diesel Vehicle
배터리 충전상태가 경유자동차 에너지소비효율에 미치는 영향 연구
- Received : 2016.04.27
- Accepted : 2016.05.27
- Published : 2016.07.01
Manufacturers have been applying several technologies that can improve the fuel economy of their cars. The regulated voltage control(RVC) system, is one of those technologies being used in passenger cars. In RVC, the voltage of an alternator is controlled depending on the electrical load demand or battery SOC, although each manufacturer differs from another in terms of detail. RVC can reduce the load of an alternator by consuming the stored energy of a battery and simultaneously generate energy. In this paper, a diesel passenger car equipped with an RVC system was tested under FTP-75 and HWFET modes to evaluate fuel economy as their initial battery SOC(100, 90, 80 and 60 %). The test results showed that the initial SOC affects fuel economy only under the FTP-75 mode. FTP-75 fuel economy of the 60% SOC was 13.2 % lower than the 100 % SOC. Also, the simultaneous consumption of the two energy sources did not appear in 60 % SOC.
Fuel economy;Battery SOC;BCM;RVC;Electrical load
- G. Y. Kim, "Eco-Friendly Technology for Improving Fuel Economy," Auto Journal, KSAE, Vol.34, No.1, pp.32-38, 2012.
- J. T. B. A. Kessel, M. Koot, B. Jager, P. P. J. Bosch, N. P. I. Aneke and D. B Kok, "Energy Management for the Electric Powernet in Vehicles with a Conventional Drivetrain," IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology, Vol.15, No.3, pp.494-505, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2007.894646
- G. Cho, H. Wi, J. Lee, J. Park and K. Park, "Effect of Alternator Control on Vehicle Fuel Economy," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.17, No.2, pp.20-25, 2009.
- M. Rosenmayr, R. Schmidt and R. Naumann, "Battery Management and Controls," SAE 2006-21-0002, 2006.
- D. Kim, J. Lee, M. Choi, K. Kim, S. Kim and S. Lee, "A Development of Next Generation Alternator Management System," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.584-589, 2012.
- D. Kang, Y. Noh and C. Kim, "A Study on Improving Fuel Economy of 48V Mild Hybrid System," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.602-604, 2015.
- J. Lee, M. Jung and D. Kim, "A Study on Development of 48 ISG System," KSAE Spring Conference Proceedings, pp.189-197, 2015.
- J. Lee and J. Ryu, "Research for RVC Validation Method," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.1667-1670, 2011.
- S. Kim, M. Lee, K. Kim, C. Jung, K. Rho and K. Lee, "A Study about Fuel Economy According to Using Electrical Accessories," Korea Society for Energy Engineering Annual Conference Proceedings, p.184, 2013.
- 엄명도, "저탄소 배출을 위한 에코드라이브 운동," Auto Journal, KSAE, Vol.31, No.3, pp.123-127, 2009.
- B. Kang, K. Park, B. Yong and H. Kim, "Evaluation of Fuel Consumption Between LED Headlamp and Halogen Headlamp," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.1709-1714, 2009.
Grant : 공해없는 청정교통
Supported by : 교통안전공단