- Volume 32 Issue 3
Purpose: This study examined the influence of restaurant quality attributes on customers' satisfaction and their intention to revisit by investigating the moderating effects of customers' electronic word of mouth evaluation about ethnic restaurants. The study was based on a total of 215 samples obtained from social networking service users in a metropolitan area from July 10 to 25, 2015. The major findings are as follows. Methods: The data were analysed using frequency, factor analysis, regression analysis and hierarchical regression analysis. Results: According to the results of factor analysis, quality attributes were separated into three factors: food, service, and atmosphere. According to the results, food attributes, service attributes and atmosphere attributes had an affect on customers' satisfaction, between quality attributes and revisit intention, only food attribute had an affect on revisit intention. It showed also that customers' satisfaction had an affect on revisit intention. Customers' electronic word of mouth (eWOM) evaluation was found to moderate the relationships between service quality attributes and satisfaction. Conclusion: Implications and future research were also discussed.
quality attribute;customer's satisfaction;revisit intention;eWOM evaluation
- Bitner MJ. 1992. Servicescapes: The impact of physical surroundings on customers and employees. J Mark 56(2):57-71. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252042
- Choe JY, Cho MS. 2010. A study of ethnic restaurant selection attributes and customer's satisfaction. J Foodserv Manag 13(2):125-147.
- Choi EJ. 2011. A study on the effect of associate of eating out company to the purchase intention: Focused on the worth-of-mouth and involvement effect. Doctorate dissertation. Kyonggi University, Suwoen, Korea. pp 89-90.
- Choi SJ, Namkung Y, Shin SY, Yang LS. 2011. Understanding the quality attributes of dining space design in ethnic restaurants. Korea J Hosp Tour 20(6):115-131.
- Cheung CM, Lee MK, Rabjohn N. 2008. The impact of electronic word-of-mouth: The adoption of online opinions in online customer communities. Internet Res 18(3):229-247. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662240810883290
- Hair JF, Anderson RE, Tatham RL, Black WC. 2006. Multivariate data analysis. Pearson Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA. pp 75-90.
- Jang KS, Park KY, Kim MK. 2009. The effect of service quality, customer satisfactory, revisit toward and word of mouth about Korean-style food chain restaurant at Busan. Northeast Asia Tour Res 5(1):161-183.
- Jang SC, Namkung Y. 2008. Perceived quality, emotions, and behavioral intentions: Application of an extended Mehrabian-Russell model to restaurants. J Bus Res 62(4):451-460.
- Jung HS, Yoon HH. 2010. The effect of physical environment of family restaurant upon customers' emotions, satisfaction and revisit intent -Focused on the moderating roles of gender and age-. Korean J Culin Res 16(4):190-205.
- Jung MB, Kim SH, Kim YI. 2010. Impacts of hotel buffer restaurant's physical environment on both service quality and customer satisfaction as well as customer's loyalty -Focused on the super deluxe hotels in Seoul. Korean J Tour Res 25(3):101-120.
- Keller KL. 1993. Conceptualizing, measuring, and managing, customer-based brand equity. J Mark 57(1):1-22.
- Kim EH, Kim JH, Hong WS. 2014. The influence of importance factors affecting ethnic food restaurant selection upon overall satisfaction. Korean J Food Cook Sci 30(3):360-367. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.3.360
- Kim HJ. 2011. Impacts of perceived quality on customer satisfaction and revisit intention in family restaurant. FoodService Ind J 7(1):107-123. https://doi.org/10.22509/kfsa.2011.7.1.007
- Kim JH. 2012. The impact of consumption experiences and emotions on customer satisfaction and repurchase intention of hotel restaurant customers. J Tour Leisure Res 24(1):371-390.
- Kim KS. 2007. Analysis of structural equation modeling. Hannarae Publishing Company, Seoul, Korea. pp 92-150.
- Kim SJ, Jo YB. 2006. Effects of dining-out motives and attribute evaluation of restaurants on the intention of word of mouth and reusing. Korean J Culin Res 12(3):61-74.
- Kim YG, Kim DH. 2013. The moderating effects of food neophobia on the relationship between ethnic restaurant selection attributes and customer satisfaction. Korean J Hosp Adm 22(6):101-115.
- Kim YM. 2009. The influence of the attributes of choosing restaurants on customer satisfaction and revisiting intention. Korea J Tour Hosp Res 23(4):329-347.
- Kim YS, Baek SH. 2015. Effect of food neophobia on restaurant image, customer satisfaction, and loyalty in ethnic restaurant. Korean J Food Nutr 28(6):1082-1089. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2015.28.6.1082
- Kim YS, Sim MY. 2010. Effect of the attributes of selection toward family restaurants on the consumer's satisfaction and intention of revisiting the restaurant among single workers in their 20's -Focusing on lifestyle and motives. Korean J Hum Ecol 19(1):103-117. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2010.19.1.103
- Korean Standard Industrial Classification. 2015. Research of company activity, Korea standard industry code. Available from:https://kssc.kostat.go.kr:8443/ksscNew_web/link.do?gubun=004. Accessed April 19, 2016.
- Lam, D, Lee A, Mizerski R. 2009. The effects of cultural values in word-of-mouth communication. J Int Mark 17(3):55-70. https://doi.org/10.1509/jimk.17.3.55
- Lee HY, Kim HY. 2006. University student's attitudes and interests for ethnic food. Korean J Food Culture 21(5):463-472.
- Lee YH, Jang RG, Back MS, Park HW, Won CS. 2013. The effect of physical environment of food service industry upon customers' emotions, satisfaction and revisit intention: Focused on buffet restarant. J Hosp Tour Stud 15(1):229-246.
- National Restaurant Association. 2000. A cultural melting pot restaurant industry forecast, Natl. Rest. Assn, Washington D.C. Available from: www.restaurant.Org/tools/mazines/rusa/magArchive/year/article/?Article ID=398. Accessed September 16, 2013
- Ryu KS, Lee HR, Kim WG. 2012. The influence of the quality of the physical environment, food, and service on restaurant image, customer perceived value, customer satisfaction, and behavioral intentions. Int J Contemp Hosp Manag 24(2):200-223. https://doi.org/10.1108/09596111211206141
- Tasi CTS, Lu PH. 2012. Authentic dining experiences in ethnic theme restaurants. Int J Hosp Manag 31(1):304-306. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2011.04.010
- Westbrook RA, Oliver RL. 1991. The dimensionality of consumption emotion patterns and consumer satisfaction. J Consum Res 18(1):84-91. https://doi.org/10.1086/209243
- Woo MH. 2010. A study on the structural relations among choice attributes, brand image, and buying action of restaurant customers. Korean J Culin Res 16(4):151-162.
- Yom JC, Kyoung YI, Park HN. 2005. A study on eating-out customers' behavior of searching information: Focused on the customers of family restaurants in Seoul and Kyunggi province. Korean J Culin Res 11(1):70-86.
- Zeithaml VA. 1988. Consumer perceptions of price, quality, and value: A means-end model and synthesis of evidence. J Mark 52(3):2-22. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446
- Lee HY. 2012. Research methodology. 2nd ed. Chunglam Press, Seoul, Korea. pp 73-75.