- Volume 32 Issue 6
The purpose of the study is to derive the design guideline for circulation system in mixed-use buildings. For the study, an investigation is carried out on building specifications which have submitted to architectural design competitions. Then, circulation elements are extracted by performing theoretical analysis and expert review. Finally, The design guideline are extracted by surveying practicing professionals and factor analysis. The design guidelines are categorized into six items: four circulation elements (path, entrance, central area, and vertical element), facilities, and exterior area. In addition, the following guidelines are derived for circulation system planning: guideline for Direct Connections among circulation elements, guideline for convenient moving of stroller, and guideline for safe evacuation.
Mixed-use Complex;Guideline;Circulation system;Circulation element;Factor analysis
- Hong, S. & Kim, H.(2013). A Study about Revitalization of the Existing Street with Redeveloped Downtown as Shopping Mall in the California US, Journal of The Architectural Institute of Korea, 29(5), 107-117.
- http://biz.newdaily.co.kr/news/article.html?no=10036864, Accessed May., 2014
- Lee, J. & Kim, C.(2014). Specifying the Design Guideline for Circulation Systems in Mixed-use Building, Proceedings of The Architectural Institute of Korea, 34(1), 67-68.
- Lee, J. & Kim, C.(2014). The design guideline at schematic design phase for circulation system in mixed-use buildings, Proceedings of The Architectural Institute of Korea, 34(2), 119-120.
- Park, M. & Park, H.(2004). Study on the Environmental Elements for wayfinding in Public Environment Proceedings of Korea Society of Design Science, 58-59
- Ryu, S.(2012). A study on the development of architectural design evaluation enhancement tool(ADEET) for public building, The Architectural Institute of Korea, 28(11), 101-112.
Supported by : 한국연구재단