- Volume 32 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Analysis of the Publicity for Utilization of Unused Public Facilities - Focused on the invigoration project of the utilization of municipal property for Seoul citizens -
유휴공공시설의 공공성 분석에 관한 연구 - 서울시 시유재산 시민이용 활성화 프로젝트를 중심으로 -
- Cho, Yi-Beu ;
- Lee, Kyung-Hoon
- 조이브 ;
- Received : 2016.01.04
- Accepted : 2016.06.17
- Published : 2016.06.30
The purpose of this study is to analyze the actual condition for unused public facilities that people use culturally. To get this analysis, the invigoration project of the utilization of municipal property for seoul citizens was needed to be researched, analyzed public characters, and then draw a conclusion. Contents of the study are as in the following. First, deduce character of public evaluation factors through literature review. Second, analyze actual condition of usage for unused public facilities in Seoul. Thrid, analyze character of public for unused public facilities using evaluation categories. Four cultural art facilities that participate in the invigoration project of the utilization of municipal property in Seoul are subject to investigation. Interviews over the phone with persons in charge and several field trips were used for this investigation during the period October 20, 2015 - November 20, 2015. Base on the collected information, proceed a in-depth interview and a field study during the period November 24, 2015 - December 15, 2015. The research results are as in the followings. First, analytical factors are need to be considered not only physical view but also non-physical view to analyze the publicity of unused public facilities. the analytical factors include ownership, restriction, activation, physical position, and operation management according to literature reviews and interviews. Second, publicity is analyzed by regional groups and factors. Third, publicity analysis of the analysis target areas are drawn by its basis, and visualized its advantages and disadvantages by facilities.
Unused public facilities;Publicness;Invigoration project of the utilization of municipal property
- Baek, J., Jang, H., & Hong, D. (2014). A Study to develop Unused Space on the area of Wangsimni Subway Station. The Journal of Applied Geography, 31, 67-85.
- Choi, J., Choi, Y., Moon, G., Byun, N., Choi, S. (2010). Reusing Vacant Public Buildings for Social Integration Focusing on the Conversion of Dong-Offices and Primary Schools into 'Housing-Mixed Public Facilities'. Journal of the Korean housing association, 21(5), 1-11.
- Choi, J., & Kang, B. (2008). Can Under-used Community Administration Centers Be Converted for Community Regeneration. Journal of the Korean Institute of Interior Design, 10(1), 101-104.
- Choi, J., & Lee, J. (2010). A Study on the Space Planning for Complex of School and Elderly Welfare Facilities. Journal of the Korea Institute of Youth Facility & Environment, 8(2). 43-50.
- Choi, K., & Shim, W. (2004). A Study on the Design factor for the Embodiment of 'Architectural Publicity' in Regional Culture Center - Focused on the case of Inhabitants Hall of District in Seoul -. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korean, 24(2). 311-314.
- Jang, K., Lee, G., & Lee, J. (2012). A Case Study on the Urban Amenity through Re Maiaing Space. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Science, 2012(10). 50-51.
- Jeong, S. (1997). Urban Architecture and the Role of Urban Architects. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korean, 41. 39-40
- Jung, Y., & Kim, J. (1999). A Study on the Planning of Regional Cultural Facilities for Community -Focusing on the Renewal and mixed-use of Public Facilities in Neighborhood-. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korean, 19(2), 307-312
- Kim, J., & Choi, J. (2013). (A)study on utilization of unused spaces/facilities applying "spatial-community network system". Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korean, 33((2), 1-2.
- Kim, J., & Joung, J. (2013). A Study Of Publicity Assessment for Securing Publicity in Seoul Mega Sports Complex Outdoor Underused Space. Journal of the Korean Institute of Spatial Design, 26, 83-90.
- Kim, J., Yoo, J., & Kim, C. (2013). Study on the Vitalize Direction of Misused Space from the Viewpoint of Urban Regeneration -Focusing on the Space underneath Overpass-. Korean Institute of Spatial Design, 23, 75-83
- Kim, Y. (2009). A Study on the Meaning and Direction of Idle Space Revitalization. The Journal of Cultural Policy, 21, 185-207.
- Kim, H., & Yi, S. (2012). The Characteristics of Adaptive Reuse Plans of Abandoned Industrial Facilities according to the Site Types. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korean, 28(4), 119-126.
- Lee, J., Kim, J., & Kim, S. (2012). Analysis of public street project cases from the viewpoint of modern publiceness. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korean, 28(11), 207-218.
- Nemeth, J., & Schmidt, S. (2011). The Privatization of Public Space: Modeling and Measuring Publicness. Environment and planning Planning & design, 38(1), 5-23. https://doi.org/10.1068/b36057
- Oh, J. (2013). A Study on public renewal of abandoned space by public sector -Focused on KAMCO pilot projects-. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(6), 3005-3012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.3005
- Oh, J., Lee, B., Park, H., Yoo, C., & Cho, Y. (1998). Focused on the Elementary School in Hae-Nam = A Study on Practical Use of Idle Facilities on the Elementary School in Rural Area Journal of the Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, 18(2), 53-70.
- Park, J., & Kim, K. (2013). A Critical Review of the Current Policy and Legal Systems of the Urban Regeneration in Terms of the Publicness. Journal of the Urban Design Institute of Korea. 14(2), 35-52.
- Park, S. (2009). Publicness and Management Efficiency of Arts and Cultural Facilities, How Do We Approach?. Journal of the Korean Society of Arts and Cultural Management, 2(2), 28-39.
- Shin, D., & Lee, J. (2012). A Study on the Spatial Composition for Complex of Unused School Facilities Combined with Elderly Welfare Facilities. Journal of the Korea Institute of Youth Facility & Environment, 10(3). 149-157.
- Taylor & Francis (2014). Evaluating Public Space. Journal of urban design, 19(1), 53-88. https://doi.org/10.1080/13574809.2013.854698
- Varna, G. & Tiesdell, S. (2010). Assessing the Publicness of Public Space: The Star Model of Publicness. Journal of urban design, 15(4), 575-598. https://doi.org/10.1080/13574809.2010.502350
- Yi, Y., & Ko, D. (2013). The study of the closed schools regeneration as the cultural facilities - Focused on Dumoak, Kim Young Gap Gallery. Regional Association of Architectural Institute of Korea, 15(2), 83-90.
- Yoo, J., & Yoo, H. (2008). A Study of Urban Public Space Regeneration based on Connection of Street Space and Public Facilities. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korean. 28(1), 367-371.
- Youm, C., Cho, J., & Sim, K. (2008). Fundamental Study on the Contemporary Publicness of Architecture & Urban Space. Architecture & Urban Research Institute, 2008(8).
Supported by : 고려대학교