- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Comparative Analysis Study and Usability Assessment of Fat Suppressed 3D FSPGR T1 Technique and Fat Suppressed Isotropic 3D FSE T1 Technique when Examining MRI of Patient with Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex (TFCC) Tear
삼각 섬유성 연골(TFCC) 손상 환자의 자기공명영상 검사 시 Fat Suppressed 3D FSPGR T1 강조 기법에 대한 Fat Suppressed Isotropic 3D FSE T1 강조 기법의 비교 분석 및 유용성에 관한 평가
- Received : 2016.05.28
- Accepted : 2016.06.03
- Published : 2016.06.30
In this study, For assessment of triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) injury, we acquired images by fat suppressed 3D fast spoiled gradient recalled T1 and fat suppressed Isotropic 3D fast spin echo T1 techniques. For quantitative evaluation, measured signal to noise ratio and contrast to noise ratio and verified statistical significance between two imaging techniques by Mann-Whitney U verification. And for qualitative evaluation, marked 4-grade scoring (0: non diagnostic, 1: poor, 2: adequate, 3: good) on shape of TFCC, artifacts by partial volumes, description of the lesions by two radiologist, verified coincidence between 2 observer using Kappa-value verification. We used 3.0 Tesla MR equipment and 8-channel RF coil for imaging acquisition. As quantitative evaluation results, signal to noise ratio and contrast to noise ratio value of Isotropic 3D fast spin echo T1 technique is higher in every image sections, also between two imaging techniques by Mann-Whitney U verification was statistically significant (p < 0.05). As qualitative results, observer 1, 2 marked a higher grade on Isotropic 3D FSE T1 technique, coincidence verification of evaluation results between two observers by Kappa-value verification was statistically significant (p < 0.05). As a result, during MRI examination on TFCC injury, fat suppressed Isotropic 3D fast spin echo T1 technique is considered offering more useful information about abnormal lesion of TFCC.
MRI;TFCC;3D FSPGR;Isotropic 3D FSE
- P. R. Stuart, R. A. Berger, R. I. Linscheid, and K. N. An, J. Hand Surg. Am. 25, 689 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1053/jhsu.2000.9418
- W. T. Gofton, K. D. Gordon, C. E. Dunning, J. A. Johson, and G. J. King, J. Hand Surg. Am. 29, 423 (2004).
- M. B. Rominger, W. K. Bernreuter, P. J. Kenney, and D. H. Lee, Radiographics 13, 1233 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1148/radiographics.13.6.8290721
- T. R. McCauley and D. G. Disler, Radiology 209 (1998).
- J. L. Hobby, B. D. Tom, P. W. Bearcroft, and A. K. Dixon, Clin. Radiol. 56, 50 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1053/crad.2000.0571
- C. B. Chung, L. R. Frank, and D. Resnick, Clin. Orthop. 391S, 370 (2001).
- M. P. Recht, J. Kramer, S. Marcelis, M. N. Pathria, D. Truedell, P. Haghighi, D. J. Sartoris, and D. Resnik, Radiology 187, 473 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.187.2.8475293
- D. G. Disler, AJR 169, 1117 (1997). https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.169.4.9308475
- A. K. Palmer, The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery 6, 125 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-8063(90)90013-4
- T. Lindau, C. Adlercruetz, and P. Aspenberg, J. Hand Surg. 25, 464 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1053/jhsu.2000.6467
- W. P. Cooney, J. Hand Surg. 18A, 815 (1993).
- R. S. Richards, J. D. Bennett, J. H. Roth, and K. Milne Jr., J. Hand Surg. 22A, 772 (1997).
- E. Cerofolini, R. Luchetti, L. Pederzini, O. Soragni, R. Colombini, P. D'Alimonte, and R. Romagnoli, J. Comput. Assist. Tomogr. 14, 963 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1097/00004728-199011000-00018
- L. Pederzini, R. Luchetti, O. Soragni, M. Alfarano, G. Montagna, E. Cerofolini, R. Colombini, and J. Roth, Arthroscopy 8, 91 (1992).
- J. M. Timothy and S. W. Pruett, Magnetic Resonance Imaging 10, 178 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1522-2586(199908)10:2<178::AID-JMRI11>3.0.CO;2-W
- A. H. Sonin, R. A. Pensy, M. E. Mulligan, and S. Hatem, AJR 179, 1159 (2002). https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.179.5.1791159
- K. J. Stevens, R. F. Busse, E. Han, A. C. Brau, P. J. Beatty, C. F. Beaulieu, and G. E. Gold, Radiology 249, 1026 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2493080227