- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Environmental Fatigue Evaluation of Top-Mounted In-Core Instrumentation Nozzle
상부 탑재형 노내계측기 노즐의 환경피로평가
Yoon, Hyo-Sub;Kim, Jong-Min;Maeng, Cheol-Soo;Kim, Gee-Seok;Kim, Hyun-Min
- Received : 2016.03.28
- Accepted : 2016.05.18
- Published : 2016.06.30
The development of Top-Mounted In-Core Instrumentation(TM-ICI) is an ongoing project to reduce the risk due to severe accidents by inserting the instrumentation into a reactor closure head instead of a reactor bottom head. As part of this project, environmental fatigue analyses for TM-ICI nozzle have been performed using two methods of NUREG/CR-6909 and Code Case N-761. TM-ICI nozzle is subjected to transient loads for level A, level B and test conditions that should be evaluated for a fatigue analysis. It is found that a cumulative usage factor considering reactor coolant environment for TM-ICI nozzle is evaluated as less than 1, which is ASME Code allowable criteria of a fatigue analysis.
reactor pressure vessel;top-mounted in-core instrumentation nozzle;environmental fatigue evaluation
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (2015 Edition) ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code-An International Code, Section II, Part D and Section III, Division 1-Subsection NB and Appendices.
- ANSYS Finite Element Program (2014) ANSYS Mechanical APDL, Version 15.0, ANSYS Inc..
- Armin, R., Matthias, H., Jurgen, R., Paul, W. (2014) Environmental Influences on the Fatigue Assessment of Austenitic and Ferritic Steel Components including Welds, Proc. ASME 2014 Press. Vessels & Pip. Div. Conf., PVP2014-28728, California.
- Case of ASME Bolier and Pressure Vessel Code (2010) Fatigue Design Curves for Light Water Reactor (LWR) Environments, Code Case N-761.
- Frank, K., Mark, S.B. (1993) Principles of Heat Transfer, West Publishing Company, Fifth edition, p.475.
- Lee, Y.J., Kim, J.M., Kim, H.M., Lee, D.H., Chung, C.K. (2014) Structural Integrity Evaluation of Reactor Pressure Vessel Bottom Head without Penetration Nozzles in Core Melting Accident, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 27(3), pp.191-198. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.3.191
- Mark, A.G., Matthew, C.S., David, H.R., E. Lyles, C. (2014) Strain Rate Calculation Approach in Environmental Fatigue Evaluations, J. Press. Vessel Tech., 136, pp.045001-1-5. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4026113
- Omesh, C., Gray, L.S. (2014) Effect of LWR Coolant Environments on the Fatigue Life of Reactor Materials, Argonne National Laboratory, NUREG/CR-6909, Rev. 1(Draft), App. A and C.
- Seiji, A., Kunimitsu, T., Masanori, T. (2014) Environmental Fatigue Evaluation for Class 1 Components of an Advanced PWR, Pro. ASME 2014 Press. Vessels & Pip. Div. Conf., PVP2014-28300, California.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research (2014) Guidelines for Evaluating the Effects of Light-Water Reactor Coolant Environments in Fatigue Analyses of Metal Components, Regulatory Guide 1.207, Rev. 1(Draft DG-1309), Section C.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)