- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic Performance of SDF Systems with Tuned Liquid Damper Subjected to Ground Motions
지진 하중에 대한 동조액체감쇠기 성능 수치해석 검토
Han, Sang-Whan;Oh, Seung-Bo;Ha, Sung-Jin
- Received : 2016.04.04
- Accepted : 2016.04.19
- Published : 2016.06.30
Tuned Liquid Dampers(TLD) are energy dissipation devices that have been proposed to control the dynamics response of structure. The TLD has been shown to effectively control the wind response of structures. However, controlling responses of structures with TLD under seismic loads are not fully investigated. The objective of this study is to evaluate the seismic performance of single degree of freedom(SDF) with TLDs having various tuning and mass raitos. For this purpose, analytical studies are conducted. Different soil conditions are considered in this study. As a result, performance of TLD, appeared diffrently depending on the natural period, damping ratio of the structure. Also TLD tuning ratio appeared differently.
tuned liquid damper(TLD);vibration control;earthquake response;energy dissipation
- Banerji, P. (2000) Tuned Liquid Dampers for Controlling Earthquake Response of Structures, Earthq. Eng. & Struct. Dyn., 29, pp.587-602. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9845(200005)29:5<587::AID-EQE926>3.0.CO;2-I
- Chopra, A. (2001) Dynamics of Structures-theory and Applications to Earthquake Engineering. Prentice-Hall.
- Fujino, Y. (1992) Tuned Liquid Damper(TLD) for Suppressing Horizontal Motion of Structure, J. Eng. Mech., 118(10).
- Ha, S., Han, S. (2016) A Method for Selecting Ground Motions that Considers Targen Response Spectrum Mean and Variance as well as Correlation Structure, J. Earthq. Eng., Published online.
- Yu, J. (1999) A Non-linear Numerical Model of the Tuned Liquid Damper, Earthq. Eng. & Struct. Dyn., 28, pp.671-686. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9845(199906)28:6<671::AID-EQE835>3.0.CO;2-X
Supported by : 한국연구재단