- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Shear Capacity of Wide Beams Reinforced with GFRP and Steel Plates with Openings by Various Supporting Areas
지지부 조건에 따른 유공형 판으로 전단보강된 넓은 보의 전단성능 평가
Kim, Heecheul;Ko, Myung Joon;Kim, Min Sook;Lee, Young Hak
- Received : 2016.04.18
- Accepted : 2016.05.18
- Published : 2016.06.30
In this paper, shear performance of concrete wide beams was evaluated through shear failure tests. The specimens were designed to have two continuous spans with a column at the center of the wide beam. Also the specimens were reinforced with plates with openings as shear reinforcements. For the test, total eight specimens, including five specimens were reinforced with steel plates and the other three specimens were reinforced with GFRP plates were manufactured. And the shear strengths obtained from the tests were compared with ones from the equation provided by ACI 318. Support width of wide beam, support section of wide beam and shear reinforcement material were considered as variables. The results showed that the support width was proportional to the increase of shear strength. Also, regardless of material type of shear reinforcement, the shear reinforcing effect was similar when the amount of shear reinforcement was the same.
wide beam;support width;openings;steel plate;GFRP plate
- ACI Committee 318-14 (2014) Building Code Requirement for Reinforced Concrete and Commentary (ACI 318-14), American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills.
- ACI Committee 440.1R-06 (2006) Guide for the Design and Construction of Concrete Reinforced with FRP Bars (ACI 440.1R-06), American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills.
- Choi, J.W., Kim, M.S., Choi, B.S., Lee, Y.H. (2015) Evaluation of Shear Capacity According to Transverse Spacing of Wide Beam Shear Reinforced with Steel Plate with Openings, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 28(3), pp. 259-266. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2015.28.3.259
- Kim, D-J., Kim, M.S., Choi, J.H., Kim, H.C., Lee, Y.H. (2014) Concrete Beams with Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Shear Reinforcement, ACI Struct. J., 111(4), pp.903-912.
- KS F 2405 (2009) Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Cylindrical Concrete Specimens, Annual Book Korean Standards.
- Korea Concrete Institute (2012) Concrete Design Code and Commentary(KCI-12), Kimoondang Publishing Company, Korea.
- Lubell, A.S., Bentz, E.C., Colins, M.P. (2008) One-Way Shear in Wide Concrete Beams with Narrow Supports, ASCE Structural Congress, Crossing Borders, Reston, VA.
- Shuraim, A.B. (2012) Transverse Stirrup Configurations in RC Wide Shallow Beams Supported on Narrow Columns, ASCE Structural Congress, 138(3), pp.416-424. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000408
Supported by : 한국연구재단