- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A 2MC-based Framework for Sensor Data Loss Decrease in Wireless Sensor Network Failures
무선센서네트워크 장애에서 센서 데이터 손실 감소를 위한 2MC기반 프레임워크
- Shin, DongHyun ;
- Kim, Changhwa (Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- Received : 2016.01.29
- Accepted : 2016.03.28
- Published : 2016.06.30
Wireless sensor networks have been used in many applications such as marine environment, army installation, etc. The sensor data is very important, because all these applications depend on sensor data. The possibility of communication failures becomes high since the surrounding environment of a wireless sense network has an sensitive effect on its communications. In particular, communication failures in underwater communications occur more frequently because of a narrow bandwidth, slow transmission speed, noises from the surrounding environments and so on. In cases of communication failures, the sensor data can be lost in the sensor data delivery process and these kinds of sensor data losses can make critical huge physical damages on human or environments in applications such as fire surveillance systems. For this reason, although a few of studies for storing and compressing sensor data have been proposed, there are lots of difficulties in actual realization of the studies due to none-existence of the framework using network communications. In this paper, we propose a framework for reducing loss of the sensor data and analyze its performance. The our analyzed results in non-framework application show a decreasing data recovery rate, T/t, as t time passes after a network failure, where T is a time period to fill the storage with sensor data after the network failure. Moreover, all the sensor data generated after a network failure are the errors impossible to recover. But, on the other hand, the analyzed results in framework application show 100% data recovery rate with 2~6% data error rate after data recovery.
Grant : 해양장비기술개발
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소
- Heungwoo Nam, et al., "Remote Monitoring System based on Ocean Sensor Networks for Offshore Aquaculture", Oceans-St, John's, pp.14-19, 2014.
- Maciuca A, et al., "Cell-based sensor network for complex monitoring at home of patients with chronic diseases", Electrical and Electronics Engineering, pp. 1-6, 2013.
- Yunhao Liu, et al., "Does Wireless Sensor Network SCale? A Measurement Study on GreenOrbs", IEEE Transactions on Parallel, Vol. 24, No. 10, pp. 1983-1993, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2012.216
- Sung-jun Park, et al., "Underwater Communications and Underwater Sensor Network Technology", Communications of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, Vol. 28, No. 7, pp. 79-88, 2010.
- DongHyun Shin and Changhwa Kim, "A Method for Storing and Recovering Sensing Data using Queue in Wireless Sensor Network Communication Failures", The 2014 Fall Conference of the KIPS, pp. 207-210, 2014.
- DongHyun Shin and Changhwa Kim, "A Method for Sensor Data Compression Using Maximum./ Minimum Values Within Compression Interval Unit in WSN Communication Faults", The 2015 Fall Conference of the KIPS, pp. 301-304, 2015.
- Kang-Sun Choi, "Bit plane modification for improving MSE-near optimal DPCM-based block truncation coding", Digital Signal Processing, Vol.23, pp. 1171-1180, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsp.2013.03.008
- Zhao Yun, et al., "Research on encoding/decoding method of electric physical information based on LMS-ADPCM algorithm", Advanced Power System Automation and Protection, pp.795-800, 2011.
- Ui-su Uk and Sung-ho Kim, "Data Reconstruction Scheme using PCA in Sensor Network Environment", Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, pp. 20-24, 2007.
- DongHyun Shin and Changhwa Kim, "Framework and Cost Modelling for Decreasing Sensor Data Loss Cost In Wireless Sensor Network Communication Faults", KCC2015, pp. 528-530, 2015.
- Sensor Network System for Littoral Sea Cage Culture Monitoring vol.5, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3745/KTCCS.2016.5.9.247
- A Formal Approach to the Selection by Minimum Error and Pattern Method for Sensor Data Loss Reduction in Unstable Wireless Sensor Network Communications vol.17, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/s17051092