- Volume 9 Issue 2
The peptide sequences, GHK(Gly-His-Lys) and KTTKS(Lys-Thr-Thr-Lys-Ser), using a collagen stimulator recently were manipulated at N-terminal as a multifunctional peptide derivative with PEG(polyethyleneglycol) linker connected to gallic acid which presents anti-inflammatory activity. The multifunctional peptide derivatives were obtained in a normal peptide preparation method through SPPS(solid phase peptide synthesis) using Fmoc chemistry and a carboxyl group insertion reaction of PEG-3,4,5-triacetoxy benzoate by using potassium tert-butoxide and ethyl bromoacetate, which was separated by Sephadex DEAE. It gave a good compromise to a cosmetic application for cell cytotoxicity, anti-wrinkle, and anti-inflammation.
- Y. Fujita, S. Fujita, Y. Okada, and K. Chiba, "Soluble tag-assisted peptide head-to-tail cyclization: total synthesis of mahafacyclin B", Org. Lett., Vol. 15, pp. 1155-1157, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1021/ol4003477
- X-D. Wang, H. Teng, J.-J. Hu, and Z.-L. Xiu "PEGylation of recombinant hirudin in mixed aqueous-organic solutions", Process biochem., Vol. 50, pp. 367-377, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2015.01.007
- H. Y. Kweon, Y. Y. Jo, J.-H. Yeo, S. O. Woo, S. M. Han, and K.-G. Lee, "PEGylation of silk fibroin model peptide", International Journal of Industrial Entomology, Vol. 20, pp. 87-91, 2010.
- A. El-Sayed, S. Futaki, and H. Harashima, "Delivery of macromolecules using arginine-rich cell-penetrating peptides: Ways to overcome endosomal entrapment", AAPS J., Vol. 11, pp. 13-22, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1208/s12248-008-9071-2
- M. Dirin, E. Urban, C. R. Noe, and J. Winkler, "Fragment-based solid-phase assembly of oligonucleotide conjugates with peptide and polyethylene glycol ligands", Eur. J. Med. Chem., Vol. 121, pp. 132-142, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2016.05.001
- D. Yu and R. Ghosh,"Purification of PEGylated protein using membrane chromatography", J. Pharm. Sci-us., Vol. 99, pp. 3326-3333, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1002/jps.22103
- J. Chatterjee, F. Rechenmacher, and H. Kessler, "N-methylation of peptides and proteins: an important element for modulating biological functions.", Angew. Chem. Int. Edit., Vol. 52, pp. 254-269, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201205674
- R. B. Merrifield, "Solid phase peptide synthesis. I. The synthesis of a tetrapeptide", J. Am. Chem. Soc., Vol. 85, pp. 2149-2154, 1963. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00897a025
- N. Shokrzadeh, A.-M. Winkler, M. Dirin, and J. Winkler, "Oligonucleotides conjugated with short chemically defined polyethylene glycol chains are efficient antisense agents", Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., Vol. 24, pp. 5758-5761, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.2014.10.045
- B.-H. Kim, K.-W. Park, J.-Y. Kim, I.-Y. Jeong, G.-H. Yang, Y.-S. Cho, S.-T. Yee, and K.-I. Seo, "Purification and characterization of anticarcinogenic compound from corni fructus", Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, Vol. 36, pp. 1001-1007, 2004.
- G. Tian, T. Zhang, F. Yang, and Y. Ito,"Separation of gallic acid from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc by high-speed counter-current chromatography", J. Chromatogr. A, Vol. 886, pp. 309-312, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)00480-5
- The National Institute of The Korean Language: Korean Language Dictionary, Seoul: Doosan Dong-A Co., Ltd, 2013.
- J. K. Kim, J. H. Lee, M. S. Yang, D. B. Seo, and S. J. Lee, "Beneficial effect of collagen peptide supplement on anti-aging against photodamage", Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 441-445, 2009.
A. F. Ahmed, K. Mohammad, K. Amal, A. Saeed, and N. Sami, "PEGylation enhances the oral bioavailability of
$\gamma$-tocotrienol isomer of vitamin E", Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference (SBEC), Vol. 32, pp. 96, 2016.
- Y.-A. Jang and J.-T. Lee, "The evaluation of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging of extract solvent and poria cocos by part", The Korean Society for Aesthetics and Cosmethology, Vol. 13, pp. 377-383, 2015.
- E. Matsumoto, Y. Fujita, Y. Okada, E. I. Kauppinen, H. Kamiya, and K. Chiba, "Hydrophobic benzyl amines as supports for liquid-phase C-terminal amidated peptide synthesis: application to the preparation of ABT-510", J. Pept. Sci., Vol 21, 9, pp. 691- 695, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/psc.2791
- F. M. Veronese, "Peptide and protein PEGylation: a review of problems and solutions", Biomaterials, Vol. 22, pp. 405-417, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-9612(00)00193-9
- K. Matsuzaki, "Control of cell selectivity of antimicrobial peptides", BBA-biomembranes, Vol. 1788, 8, pp. 1687-1692, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbamem.2008.09.013
- S. Namjoshi and H. A. E. Benson, "Cyclic peptides as potential therapeutic agents for skin disorders", Peptide Science, Vol. 94, pp. 673-680, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1002/bip.21476
M. J. Kim, K. R. Im, and K. S. Yoon, "Effect of medicinal herb prepared through traditional antidiabetic prescription on
$\alpha$-glucosidase activity and evaluation method for anti-melanogenesis agents using $\alpha$-glucosidase activity", Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol. 44, pp. 993-999, 2015. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.7.993
- J. Y. Lee, K. R. Lim, and K. S. Yoon, "The inhibitory effects of nelumbo nucifera gaertner extract on melanogenesis", Korean Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 28, pp. 137-145, 2013.
- J. S. Suk, Q. Xu, N. Kim, J. Hanes, and L. M. Ensign, "PEGylation as a strategy for improving nanoparticle-based drug and gene delivery", Adv. Drug Deliver. Rev., Vol. 99, pp. 28-51, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addr.2015.09.012
- S. Kitada, S. Fujita, Y. Okada, S. Kim, and K. Chiba,"Total synthesis of conotoxin MII using a soluble-tag-assisted method.", Tetrahedron, Vol. 69, pp. 2555-2559, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tet.2013.01.068