- Volume 16 Issue 2
In a dynamic environment autonomous robots often encounter unexpected situations that the robots have to deal with in order to continue proceeding their mission. We propose an adaptive goal-based model that allows cyber-physical systems (CPS) to update their environmental model and helps them analyze for attainment of their goals from current state using the updated environmental model and its capabilities. Information exchange approach utilizes Human-Agent-Robot-Machine-Sensor (HARMS) model to exchange messages between CPS. Model validation method uses NuSMV, which is one of Model Checking tools, to check whether the system can continue its mission toward the goal in the given environment. We explain a practical set up of the model in a situation in which homogeneous robots that has the same capability work in the same environment.
Adaptive model;Multi-robot systems;Model checking;HARMS;NuSMV
- Q. Gao and Y. I. Cho, "A dynamic ontology-based multiagent context-awareness user profile construction method for personalized information retrieval," International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 270-276, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2012.12.4.270 https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2012.12.4.270
- E. G. Kim, "An approach to generate a theory of coordination for multi-agent systems," International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 277-282, 2004. http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2004.4.3.277 https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2004.4.3.277
- A. Chibani, Y. Amirat, S. Mohammed, E. Matson, N. Hagita, and M. Barreto, "Ubiquitous robotics: recent challenges and future trends," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 1162-1172, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2013.04.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2013.04.003
- S. A. Deloach, W. H. Oyenan, and E. T. Matson, "A capabilities-based model for adaptive organizations," Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 13-56, 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10458-007-9019-4 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10458-007-9019-4
- J. W. Park, Y. S. Son, J. W. Jung, and S. M. Oh, "Robject model for evolutionary robots using multi-robot cooperation," IFAC Proceedings Volumes: International Federation of Automatic Control, vol. 42, no. 19, pp. 438-443, 2009. http://dx.doi.org/10.3182/20090921-3-TR-3005.00077
- H. H. Viet, S. H. An, and T. C. Chung, "Univector field method based multi-agent navigation for pursuit problem," International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 86-93, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2012.12.1.86 https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2012.12.1.86
- E. T. Matson and B. C. Min, "M2M infrastructure to integrate humans, agents and robots into collectives," in Proceedings of 2011 IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, Binjiang, China, 2011, pp. 1-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IMTC.2011.5944359 https://doi.org/10.1109/IMTC.2011.5944359
- E. T. Matson, J. Taylor, V. Raskin, B. C. Min, and E. C. Wilson, "A natural language exchange model for enabling human, agent, robot and machine interaction," in Proceedings of 2011 5th International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Applications, Wellington, New Zealand, 2011, pp. 340-345. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICARA.2011.6144906 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICARA.2011.6144906
- Y. Kim, J. W. Jung, and E. T. Matson, "An adaptive taskbased model for autonomous multi-robot using HARMS and NuSMV," Procedia Computer Science, vol. 56, pp. 127-132, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.07.180 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.07.180
- M. Wooldridge, N. R. Jennings, and D. Kinny, "The Gaia methodology for agent-oriented analysis and design," Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 285-312, 2000. http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1010071910869 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1010071910869
- A. Omicini, A. Ricci, and M. Viroli, "Artifacts in the A&A meta-model for multi-agent systems," Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 432-456, 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10458-008-9053-x https://doi.org/10.1007/s10458-008-9053-x
- S. Rodriguez, V. Hilaire, N. Gaud, S. Galland, and A. Koukam, "Holonic multi-agent systems," in Selforganising Software, G. Di Marzo Serugendo, M. P. Gleizes, and A. Karageorgos, Eds. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2011, pp. 251-279. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-17348-6 11
- O. Boissier, R. H. Bordini, J. F. Hubner, A. Ricci, and A. Santi, "Multi-agent oriented programming with JaCaMo," Science of Computer Programming, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 747-761, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scico.2011.10.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scico.2011.10.004
- S. Rodriguez, N. Gaud, and S. Galland, "SARL: a generalpurpose agent-oriented programming language," in Proceedings of 2014 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint Conferences on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technologies, Warsaw, Poland, 2014, pp. 103-110. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/WI-IAT.2014.156 https://doi.org/10.1109/WI-IAT.2014.156
- N. R. Jennings, "Agent-oriented software engineering," in Multiple approaches to intelligent systems, I. Imam, Y. Kodratoff, A. El-Dessouki, and M. Ali, Eds. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1999, pp. 4-10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-48765-4 2
- A. Ricci and A. Santi, "Agent-oriented computing: agents as a paradigm for computer programming and software development," in Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Future Computational Technologies and Applications, Rome, Italy, 2011, pp. 42-51.
- M. Wooldridgey and P. Ciancarini, "Agent-oriented software engineering: the state of the art," in Agent-oriented software engineering, P. Ciancarini and M. J. Wooldridge, Eds. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2001, pp. 1-28. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/3-540-44564-1 1
- S. Rodriguez, N. Gaud, V. Hilaire, S. Galland, and A. Koukam, "An analysis and design concept for selforganization in holonic multi-agent systems," in Engineering Self-Organising Systems, S. A. Brueckner, S. Has-sas, M. Jelasity, and D. Yamins, Eds. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2007, pp. 15-27. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-69868-5 2
- C. Baier and J. P. Katoen, Principles of model checking. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press Cambridge, 2008.
- A. Chiappini, A. Cimatti, L. Macchi, O. Rebollo, M. Roveri, A. Susi, S. Tonetta, and B. Vittorini, "Formalization and validation of a subset of the European Train Control System," in Proceedings of the 32nd ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering, Cape Town, South Africa, 2010, pp. 109-118. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1810295.1810312 https://doi.org/10.1145/1810295.1810312
- C. S. Pasareanu, P. C. Mehlitz, D. H. Bushnell, K. Gundy- Burlet, M. Lowry, S. Person, and M. Pape, "Combining unit-level symbolic execution and system-level concrete execution for testing nasa software," in Proceedings of the 2008 International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis, Seattle, WA, 2008, pp. 15-26. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1390630.1390635 https://doi.org/10.1145/1390630.1390635
- G. E. Fainekos, H. Kress-Gazit, and G. J. Pappas, "Temporal logic motion planning for mobile robots," in Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Barcelona, Spain, 2005, pp. 2020-2025. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2005.1570410 https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2005.1570410
- S. Konur, C. Dixon, and M. Fisher, "Analysing robot swarm behaviour via probabilistic model checking," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 199-213, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2011.10.005 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2011.10.005
- J. Goppert, J. C. Gallagher, I. Hwang, and E. Matson, "Model checking of a flapping-wing mirco-air-vehicle trajectory tracking controller subject to disturbances," in Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications 2, J. H. Kim, E. T. Matson, H. Myung, P. Xu, and F. Karray, Eds. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2014, pp. 531-543. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-05582-4 46
- Y. Kim, M. Gomez, J. Goppert, and E. T. Matson, "Model checking of a training system using nusmv for humanoid robot soccer," in Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications 3, J. H. Kim, W. Yang, J. Jo, P. Sincak, and H. Myung, Eds. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2015, pp. 531-540. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-16841-8 48
- A. Cimatti, E. Clarke, E. Giunchiglia, F. Giunchiglia, M. Pistore, M. Roveri, R. Sebastiani, and A. Tacchella, "NuSMV 2: an opensource tool for symbolic model checking," in Computer Aided Verification, E. Brinksma and K.G. Larsen, Eds. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2002, pp. 359-364. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/3-540-45657-0 29
- J. J. Shi, D. E. Lee, and E. Kuruku, "Task-based modeling method for construction business process modeling and automation," Automation in Construction, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 633-640, 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2007.10.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2007.10.010
- S. A. DeLoach and M. Miller, "A goal model for adaptive complex systems," International Journal of Computational Intelligence: Theory and Practice, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 83-92, 2010.
- M. A. Goodrich and D. Yi, "Toward task-based mental models of human-robot teaming: a Bayesian approach," in Virtual augmented and mixed reality: designing and developing augmented and virtual environments, R. Shumaker, Ed. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2013, pp. 267-276. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-39405-8 30
- Y. S. Son, Y. S. Lee, and J. W. Jung, "Software modules management techiques for multi-cooperate robots based on r-object model in dynamic environments," International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 163-174, 2012.
- W. Visser, K. Havelund, G. Brat, S. J. Park, and F. Lerda, "Model checking programs," Automated Software Engineering, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 203-232, 2003. http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1022920129859 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022920129859
- Lerda, J. Kapinski, H. Maka, E. M. Clarke, B. H. Krogh, "Model checking in-the-loop: finding counterexamples by systematic simulation," in Proceedings of 2008 American Control Conference, Seattle, WA, 2008, 2734-2740. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ACC.2008.4586906 https://doi.org/10.1109/ACC.2008.4586906
- M. Quigley, B. Gerkey, K. Conley, J. Faust, T. Foote, J. Leibs, E. Berger, R. Wheeler, and A. Ng, "ROS: an opensource robot operating system," in Proceedings of ICRA Workshop on Open Source Software, Kobe, Japan, 2009.
- S. Tisue and U. Wilensky, "NetLogo: Design and implementation of a multi-agent modeling environment," in Proceedings of the Agent 2004 Conference on Social Dynamics: Interaction, Reflexivity and Emergence, Chicago, IL, 2004.
- C. Zhong and S. A. DeLoach, "Runtime models for automatic reorganization of multi-robot systems," in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Software Engineering for Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2011, pp. 20-29. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1988008.1988012 https://doi.org/10.1145/1988008.1988012
- U. Wilensky, "Netlogo Ants model," Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 1997. Available http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/models/Ants
Supported by : National Science Foundation, National Research Foundation of Korea