- Volume 49 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Processing and Characteristics of Snacks Make from Extrusion Rice Oryza sativa and Dried Shrimp Acetes chinensis
마른 새우(Acetes chinensis) 첨가 Extrusion 쌀(Oryza sativa) Collet을 이용한 Snack의 제조 및 품질특성
Je, Hae-Soo;Kang, Kyung-Hun;Jung, Hee-Bum;Park, Si-Young;Kang, Young-Mi;Seoung, Tae-Jong;Lee, Jae-Dong;Park, Jin-Hyo;Kim, Jeong-Gyun
- Received : 2016.04.29
- Accepted : 2016.05.26
- Published : 2016.06.30
In the present study, we investigated the quality, sensory characteristics and commercialization potential of a rice collet snack made with the addition of dried shrimp. “Mild” and “spicy” snack products were produced with an edible oil coating and mixed seasoning powder coating, respectively. The approximate composition of the mild and spicy snacks, respectively, were 2.44% and 2.24% for moisture, 8.52% and 8.64% for crude protein, 18.36% and 26.54% for crude lipids, 1.28% and 1.38% for ash, 1.1% and 1.2% for salt, and 0.61 and 0.62 for pH. The L (lightness), a (redness), b (yellowness), and ⊿E (color difference) values were higher for the mild snack than the spicy snack. The mild and spicy snack had values of 7,776.4 and 7,655.8 mg/100 g for total amino acids, and 221.6 and 253.5 mg/100 g for total free amino acids, respectively. The TBA (thiobarbituric acid) value did not differ significantly between the two types of snack. The hardness value of the spicy snack was higher than that of the mild snack, but there were no significant differences in flavor between the two products. The sensory evaluation score of the spicy snack was slightly higher than that of the mild snack. Organoleptic inspection indicated that both snacks had a favorable, unique taste.
Extrusion collet;Dried shrimp;Snack;Oil coating and seasoning coating;Rice
- Ha TY. 2008. Health functional properties of rice. Food Industry Nutr 13, 22-26.
- AOAC. 1995. Official methods of analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington DC, U.S.A., 69-74.
- Careri M, Mangia A, Barbieri G, Bolzoni L, Virgili R and Parolari G. 1993. Sensory property relationship to chemical data of Italian type dry-cured ham. J Food Sci 58, 968-972. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1993.tb06090.x. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1993.tb06090.x
- Cho HS and Kim KH. 2009a. Quality characteristics of tofu added with shrimp powder. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 19, 743-749.
- Cho HS and Kim KH. 2009b. Assessment of quality characteristics of cookies prepared with shrimp powder for a snack served to kindergarteners. Korean J Food Culture 24, 199-205.
- Cho SY, Joo DS, Park SH, Kang HJ and Jeon JK. 2000. Change of taurine content in squid meat during squid processing and taurine content in the squid processing waste water. J Korean Fish Soc 33, 51-54.
- Heu MS, Park SH, Kim HS, Jee SJ, Kim HJ, Han BW, Ha JH, Kim JG and Kim JS. 2008. Preparation of snack using residues of fish Gomtang. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37, 97-102. http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.37.1.97. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.1.97
- Je HS, Yoon MJ, Lee JD, Kang KH, Park SY, Park JH and Kim JG. 2015a. Characteristics of the dependent variable due to changes in the conditions of the independent variable during the producing of collets added with rice and dried shrimp by single extruder. Korean Soc Fish Mar Sci Edu 27, 1354-1365. http://dx.doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.5.1354.
- Je HS, Yoon MJ, Lee JD, Kang KH, Jung HB, Park SY, Park JH and Kim JG. 2015b. Characteristics of the dependent variables due to the conditions of the independent variables of coating process during the producing of snack using rice collet added with dried shrimp. Korean Soc Fish Mar Sci Edu 27, 1821-1830. http://dx.doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.6. 1821
- Kim HR, Kim MS, Kim MH, Son CW, Kwak ES, Heo OS and Kim MR. 2009. Analysis of sodium (Na) and potassium (K) content of side dishes purchased from traditional and super market in Daejeon area. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 19, 350-355.
- Jo Jh, Oh SW, Lee NH and Do JR. 1999. Processing conditions of expanded anchovy snack and monolayer moisture content of the products. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31, 380-384.
- Kang KT, Heu MS and Kim JS. 2007. Preparation and component characteristics of snack using flatfish-frame. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36, 651-656. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.5.651
- Kim HS, Kang KT, Han BW, Kim EJ, Heu MS and Kim JS. 2006. Preparation and characteristics of snack using conger eel frame. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35, 1467-1474. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.10.1467
- Kim MR. 2011. The status of Korea's rice industry and the rice processing industry. Food Industry Nutr 16, 22-26.
- Kim KH, Park BH, Cho YJ, Kim SR and Cho HS. 2009. Quality characteristics of shrimp flour added dumpling shell. Korean J Food Culture 24, 206-211.
- Kim IS, Yang MR, Jo C, Ahn DU and Kang SN. 2011. Effect of gamma-irradiation on trans fatty acid, free amino acid and sensory evaluation of dry-fermented sausage. Korean J Food Sci Ani 31, 580-587. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2011.31.4.580
- Kim SI, Cho BR and Choi CB. 2013. Effects of sesame meal on growth performances and fatty acid composition, free amino acid contents, and panel tests of loin of Hanwoo steers. J Ani Sci Technol 55, 451-460. http://dx.doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2013.55.5.451. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2013.55.5.451
- Kim SK, Kim IW, Han YI, Park HH, Lee KH, Kim ES and Cho MH. 1984. Calorie, mineral content and amino acid composition of Korean rice. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 13, 372-376.
- Lim HJ. 2012. A study on the sodium and potassium intakes and urinary excretion of adults in Busan. Korean J Community Nutr 17, 737-751. https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2012.17.6.737
- Kim YD, Park JH, Park BJ, In MJ, Park DC and Oh NS. 2014. Combination effect of L-arginine and L-aspartic acid on saltiness enhancement of NaCl solution. J Appl Biol Chem 57, 251-254. http://dx.doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2014.040. https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2014.040
- KOSIS. 2015. Korean statistical infromation service.
- Lee EH, Kim JS, Ahn CB, Joo DS, Lee SW, Lim CW and Park HY. 1989. Comparisons in food quality of anchovy snacks and its changes during storage. J Korean fish Soc 22, 49-58.
- Mau JL and Tseng YH. 1998. Nonvolatile taste components of three strains of agrocybe cylindracea. J Agri Food Chem 46, 2071-2074. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jf971016k. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf971016k
- Maryam A, Yazdan M, Parisa Z and Amir Reza S. 2015. Formula optimization and storage stability of extruded puffed corn-shrimp snacks. LWT-Food Sci Technol 63, 307-314. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2015.03.093
- MFDS. 2014. http://www.mfds.go.kr/index.do?mid=690&pageNo=2&seq=20062&cmd=v.
- NIFS. 2014. http://www.nifs.go.kr/portal/page?id=aq_seafood_2_7&type=tot&from=totList&fim_col_id=2009-MF0008255-6-D01.
- Oh IN, Cho SH, Park SY, Lim YY and An GH. 2011. Effect of season, tissue position and color on content of amino acids in cabbage (Brassica oleracea). CNU J Agr Sci 38, 79-86.
- Park YH, Lee EH, Lee KH, Pyeun JH, Kim SK and Kim DS. 1980. Studies on the utilization of antarctic krill 2. Processing of paste food, protein concentrate, seasoned dried product, powdered seasoning, meat ball, and snack. J Korean Fish Soc 13, 65-80.
- Seo JS and Cho HS. 2012. Quality characteristics of fish paste with shrimp powder. Korean J Food Preserv 19, 519-524. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2012.19.4.519
- Shin JI. 1989. Present and future of the domestic snack food industry. Food Sci Industry 22, 4-12.
- Steel R. GD and Torrine JH. 1980. Principle and procedures of statistics, 1st ed., McGraw-Hill Kogakusha, Tokyo, Japan, 187-221.
- Tarladgis BG, Watts MM and Younathan MJ. 1960. A distillation method for quantitative determination of malonaldehyde in rancid food. J American Oil Chemists' Soc 37, 44-48. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF02630824. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02630824