- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparison and Analysis of Keywords in the Korean Ophthalmic Optics Society Articles to MeSH Terms
한국안광학회지 게재 논문의 주제어와 MeSH 용어의 비교·분석
- Received : 2016.05.10
- Accepted : 2016.05.23
- Published : 2016.06.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to compare and analyze keywords of articles in the Korean Ophthalmic Optics Society to MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) terms. The study hopes to enhance the understanding and usage of MeSH and give fundamental information to the Korean Ophthalmic Optics Society in advance. Methods: A total of 1952 keywords from 409 informative articles published from 2004, Vol 9(1) to 2016, Vol 21(1) were compared with MeSH terms according to the criteria of complete coincidence, incomplete coincidence and complete incoincidence. Results: 439 keywords (22.4%) were completely coincident with MeSH terms, 815 keywords (41.8%) were incompletely coincident with MeSH terms and 693 keywords (35.5%) were completely incoincident with MeSH terms. The most used keyword in MeSH terms is in the order of Myopia, Astigmatism and visual acuity. For the incompletely coincident keywords Refractive error, Soft contact lens, and Phoria were used the most. Finally, the most used keywords in the category of completely incoincident were Accommodative lag and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Conclusions: It is highly recommended that MeSH terms are selected as controlled keywords to increase usage of searced Korean Ophthalmic Optics Society articles in MEDLINE.
the Korean Ophthalmic Optics Society;MeSH;Keyword
- Masic I, Miokovic M, Muhamedagic B. Evidence Based Medicine-New Approaches and Challenges. Acta Inform Med. 2008;16(4):219-225. https://doi.org/10.5455/aim.2008.16.219-225
- Sackett DL, Straus SE, Richardson WS, Rosenberg W, Haynes RB. Evidence-based medicine: how to practice and teach EBM, 2nd Ed. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 2000;1-13.
- Sackett DL, Rosenberg WM, Gray JA, Haynes RB, Richardson WS. Evidence based medicine: what it is and what it isn't. Brit Med J. 1996;312(7023):71-72. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.312.7023.71
- Roh JS. The comparison of keyword of articles in journal of the Korean society of physical medicine with MeSH. J Korean Soc Phys Med. 2012;7(3):367-377. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2012.7.3.367
- Lowe HJ, Barnett GO. Understanding and using the medical subject headings (MeSH) vocabulary to perform literature searches. JAMA. 1994;271(14):1103-1108. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1994.03510380059038
- Chaung SK, Sohng KY, Kim KH. Comparison of key words of the Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing with MeSH(2003-2007). J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs. 2008;15(4):558-565.
- Clarke M, Greaves L, James S. MeSH terms must be used in Medline searches. Brit Med J. 1997;314(7088):1203.
- Jung SH, Park HK, Lee OJ. Research trends analysis of published papers in the Journal of Korean Ophthalmic Optics Society. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2015;20(2): 93-104. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2015.20.2.93
- Kim SY, Kim BS. The coincidence of the english keywords of the journal of korean academy of family medicine with MeSH and selection validity. J Korean Acad Fam Med. 1998;19(7):531-537.
- Park SH, Park KY. Coincidence analysis of key words and MeSH terms in the Journal of the Korean Society of Occupational Therapy. J Korean Soc Occup Ther. 2011; 19(4):131-146.
- Jeong GH, Ahn YM, Cho DS. Coincidence analysis of keywords of the Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing with MeSH. J Korean Acad Nurs. 2005;35(7):1420-1425. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.7.1420
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교