- Volume 66 Issue 4
The aim of the study is to propose ways to improve the break line fit of women's tailored collar vests by modifying the patternmaking process. The study explored the fit effects of experimental vests with a focus on 3 different breast sizes, A, B, and C cups. Women in the ages between 20 and 24 in South Korea were targeted. In order to carry out the objective, the study implemented separate girth measurements for the front and the back of the tailored collar vests, and also allocated different dart amounts on the lapel through the break line according to the different breast cup sizes. The study adopted a 5-point rating scale to perform evaluation of the different fit effects caused by the varying dart amounts given on the experimental vests' break lines. This evaluation was carried out by apparel pattern experts. The results derived from the study were as follows: first, the implementation of separate girth measurements provided originality to the study, as the application of different measurements for the waist back length and the neck shoulder point-to-breast point-to-waist line led to the front panels of the experimental vests having varying slack amounts. Second, break line dart was applied in three different amounts, 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5cm respectively according to A, B and C breast sizes, and as the dart amount increased, extra ease on the break lines was reduced. The dart was applied on the edge lines of the lapel and it was applied from a point which was 6cm above the breast point to the end of the princess line for all the breast cup sizes.
브레이크라인 다트;젖가슴컵 사이즈;국내 20대 여성;앞처짐분;테일러드 칼라 베스트
- Cho, C. & Park, C. R. (2000). Clothing construction. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Kyohakyeonkoosa, 221.
- Choi, K. M., Lee, J. O., Lee, H. S. & Nam, Y. J. (2009). Apparel making jacket. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Kyohakyeonkoosa, 92.
- Choi, H. & Lee, K. (2001). A study on the development of mastectomy bras and breast prostheses (1) -focused on the size specification-. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 51(3), 5-18.
- Human Resources Development Service of Korea (2006). Clothing construction practical technique. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Human Resources Development Service of Korea, 244.
- Jung, D. Y. & Song, J. A. (2013). A Study on the combinative patterns of lapel and collar in tailored jackets with different break line. Fashion and Textile Research Journal, 14(6), 952-959.
- Kim, G. (2008). A study on the collar construction factors of the women's tailored jacket (Master's thesis, Changwon National University, Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/search/
- Kim, H. S. (1997). Women's wear design and pattern making. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Kyoungchoonsa, 340-343.
- Kim, J. & Lee, H. (2013). Upper body type classification of Jeonbuk women in their twenties. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 63(1), 97-106. DOI: 10.7233/jksc.2013.63.1.097 https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2013.63.1.097
- Kim, K. (2010). Change pattern of body shape on chronological age of Korean adult women (Master's thesis, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/search/
- Kim, K. A. (2011). Women's wear pattern making. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Kyoungchoonsa, 153-155.
- Kim, K. S. (1999). Tailoring: women's wear. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Kyohakyeonkoosa, 26.
- Kim, S. H., Bae, J. H. & Ahn, H. S. (2008). Flat pattern making. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Iljinsa, 40-42.
- Koo, M. J. & Lee, J. I. (2005). Standardized body type and the suitability of figures for the twenties women. Fashion and Textile Research Journal, 7(6), 601.
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards [KATS] (2004). The 5th Size Korea. Retrieved from http://sizekorea.kats.go.kr/03_report/5th.asp?OlapCode=SIZU0302
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards [KATS] (2010). The 6th Size Korea. Retrieved from http://sizekorea.kats.go.kr/03_report/6th.asp?OlapCode=SIZU0301
- Lee, B. N. & Suh, M. A. (2006). A study on the visual image by pattern drafting of tailored collar. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 14(4), 609-624.
- Lee, H. & Lee, W. (2005). Ready-made size system and consumer satisfaction on women’s jackets - for women aged between 20's and 30's. Journal of the Korean Fashion and Costume Design Association, 7(3), 27-28.
- Lee, H. (2012). Rules of pattern. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Kyomoonsa.
- Lee, H. S. (2000). Clothing construction: patternmaking (2nd ed.). Seoul, Republic of Korea: Kyohakyeonkoosa, 161.
- Lee, R. O. & Kim H. (2013). Development of the upper body pattern for unusual body type. Journal of Korea Society of Design Forum, 38, 131-142.
- Rim, W. J. (2013). Clothing construction: patternmaking and sewing (2nd ed.). Seoul, Republic of Korea: Kyomoonsa, 183-184.
- Seo, S. B. (2012). Fashion design: apparel patternmaking & sewing practical technique. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Ejong, 179.
- Shin, J. H. & Sohn, H. S. (2011). Torso body type classification of Korean women in their early twenties. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 19(1), 177.
- Son, H. J. (2006). Pattern cutting for lingerie. Seoul: Kyungchoonsa, 14-15.