- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Seismic Performance Evaluation of Small-size Pilloti-type Reinforced Concrete Buildings using Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis
비선형 동적해석을 이용한 소규모 필로티형 철근콘크리트 건축물의 내진성능평가
- Received : 2016.01.25
- Accepted : 2016.03.24
- Published : 2016.07.01
Piloti-type building is one of typical vertical atypical buildings. These buildings can fail by weak-story or flexible-story mechanism on the first story. They should be designed by taking into account the special seismic load, but those less than six stories are not required to confirm the seismic performance from structural engineers in Korea. For this reason, small-size pilloti-type RC buildings need to be checked for seismic performance. Based on this background, this study performed nonlinear dynamic analysis using the PERFORM-3D for small-size pilloti-type RC buildings and assessed their seismic performance. Examples are two through four story buildings with and without walls in the first story. The walls and columns in the first story satisfied the target performance in the basic of flexural behavior due to quite a large size and reinforcement. However, wall shear demands exceed shear strength in some buildings. When designed for KBC2009, wall shear strength exceed shear demand in some buildings, but still does not in others. Consequently, wall shear must be carefully checked in both existing and new small-size pilloti-type RC buildings.
Pilloti-type;Small-size building;Reinforced concrete;Nonlinear dynamic analysis;Seismic performance evaluation
- AIK. KBC 2009, Korean building code-structural. Seoul, Korea: Architectural Institute of Korea; c2009, p. 258.
- Jung DW. Earthquake simulation tests on a 1:5 scale piloti-type low-rise RC residential building model. Korea University; c2010. p. 172.
- Cho CS. Comparative evaluation on the seismic responses of a low-rise rc residential building model with and without retrofit. Korea University; c2011. p. 126.
- Baek EL, Oh SH, Lee SH. Seismic performance of an existing low-rise reinforced concrete piloti building retrofitted by steel rod damper. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea; c2014. p. 241-251.
- Lee JJ, Lee HS, Kim HC, Lee YH, Lee KH. Seismic performance evaluation of piloti-type low-rise RC apartment using nonlinear static analysis. Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea; c2008. p. 237-240.
- CSI. Perform-3D, Nonlinear analysis and performance assessment for 3D structures, user guide version 4. Berkeley, CA: Computers and Structures Inc.; c2006. p.123-141.
- Shin YS, A white book on structural safety of small-size buildings, Ewha Womans University; c2015.
- AIK. Guidelines for performance-based seismic design of residential buildings, Architectural Institute of Korea; c2015. p. 13-33.
- ATC-72-1, Modeling and acceptance criteria for seismic design and analysis of tall buildings. Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center; 2010, p. 42.
- PEER Ground Motion Database, Available from: http://ngawest2.berkeley.edu/, Berkeley, California.
- Collapse Probability of a Low-rise Piloti-type Building Considering Domestic Seismic Hazard vol.20, pp.7 Special, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2016.20.7.485
- Seismic Performance Evaluation of Building with Piloti using Steel stilt damper vol.30, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2018.30.5.265
- Seismic Behavior of Domestic Piloti-type Buildings Damaged by 2017 Pohang Earthquake vol.22, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2018.22.3.161
- Investigation of Structural Damage in Bearing Wall Buildings with Pilotis by 2017 Pohang Earthquake vol.23, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2019.23.1.009
- Considerations for Seismic Design of Low-Rise Residential Bearing Wall Buildings with Pilotis vol.23, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2019.23.1.031
Supported by : 강원대학교