- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Continuous Conditional Random Field Model for Predicting the Electrical Load of a Combined Cycle Power Plant
- Ahn, Gilseung (Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Hur, Sun (Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2016.02.14
- Accepted : 2016.06.05
- Published : 2016.06.30
Existing power plants may consume significant amounts of fuel and require high operating costs, partly because of poor electrical power output estimates. This paper suggests a continuous conditional random field (C-CRF) model to predict more precisely the full-load electrical power output of a base load operated combined cycle power plant. We introduce three feature functions to model association potential and one feature function to model interaction potential. Together, these functions compose the C-CRF model, and the model is transformed into a multivariate Gaussian distribution with which the operation parameters can be modeled more efficiently. The performance of our model in estimating power output was evaluated by means of a real dataset and our model outperformed existing methods. Moreover, our model can be used to estimate confidence intervals of the predicted output and calculate several probabilities.
Continuous Conditional Random Field;Machine Learning;Combined Cycle Power Plant;Energy Saving;Prediction
Grant : 글로벌박사펠로우십사업
Supported by : 한양대학교(ERICA캠퍼스)
- AlRashidi, M. R. and El-Naggar, K. M. (2010), Long term electric load forecasting based on particle swarm optimization, Applied Energy, 87(1), 320-326. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2009.04.024
- Clifton, A., Kilcher, L., Lundquist, J. K., and Fleming, P. (2013), Using machine learning to predict wind turbine power output, Environmental research letters, 8(2), 0204009.
- Fan, G. F., Peng, L. L., Hong, W. C., and Sun, F. (2016) Electric load forecasting by the SVR model with differential empirical mode decomposition and auto regression, Neurocomputing, 173, 958-970. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2015.08.051
- Kaya, H., Tufekci, P., and Gurgen, F. S. (2012), Local and global learning methods for predicting power of a combined gas and steam turbine, in: International conference on emerging trends in computer and electronics engineering.
- Kesgin, U. and Heperkan, H. (2005), Simulation of thermodynamic systems using soft computing techniques, International journal of energy research, 29(7), 581-611. https://doi.org/10.1002/er.1095
- Kumar, S. and Hebert, M. (2003), Discriminative random fields: A discriminative framework for contextual interaction in classification, in: computer Vision, Proceedings Ninth IEEE International Conference on, 1150-1157.
- Lafferty, J., McCallum, A., and Pereira, F. C. (2011), Conditional random fields: Probabilistic models for segmenting and labelling sequence data.
- Liu, Y., Carbonell, J., Klein-Seetharaman, J., and Gopalakrishnan, V. (2004), Comparison of probabilistic combination methods for protein secondary structure prediction, Bioinformatics, 20(17), 3099-3107. https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/bth370
- McCallum, A. (2002), Efficiently inducing features of conditional random fields, in: proceedings of the Nineteenth conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, 403-410.
- Niu, L. X. and Liu, X. J. (2008), Multivariable generalized predictive scheme for gas turbine control in combined cycle power plant, in: Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems, IEEE Conference on, 791-796.
- Prokop, L., Misak, S., Snasel, V., Platos, J., Kromer, P. (2013), Supervised learning of photovoltaic power plant output prediction models, Neural Network World, 23(4), 321-338. https://doi.org/10.14311/NNW.2013.23.020
- Radosavljevic, V., Vucetic, S., and Obradovic, Z. (2010), Continuous Conditional Random Fields for Regression in Remote Sensing, in: ECAI, 809-814.
- Tufekci, P. (2014), Prediction of full load electrical power output of a base load operated combined cycle power plant using machine learning methods, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 60, 126-140. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2014.02.027
- Xie, J. and Hong, T. (2015), GEF Com 2014 probabilistic electric load forecasting: An integrated solution with forecast combination and residual, simulation, International Journal of Forecasting.
- Yadav, V. and Srinivasan, D. (2011), A SOM-based hybrid linear-neural model for short-term load forecasting, Neurocomputing, 74(17), 2874-2885. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2011.03.039
- Yu, F. and Xu, X. (2014), A short-term load forecasting model of natural gas based on optimized genetic algorithm and improved BP neural network, Applied Energy, 134, 102-113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2014.07.104
- Probabilistic Graphical Framework for Estimating Collaboration Levels in Cloud Manufacturing vol.9, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/su9020277