- Volume 40 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Statistical Estimation of Motion Trajectories of Falling Petals Based on Particle Filtering
Particle Filtering에 근거한 낙하하는 꽃잎의 운동궤적의 통계적 추정
Lee, Jae Woo
- Received : 2015.12.22
- Accepted : 2016.05.22
- Published : 2016.07.01
This paper presents a method for predicting and tracking the irregular motion of bio-systems, - such as petals of flowers, butterflies or seeds of dandelion - based on the particle filtering theory. In bio-inspired system design, the ability to predict the dynamic motion of particles through adequate, experimentally verified models is important. The modeling of petal particle systems falling in air was carried out using the Bayesian probability rule. The experimental results show that the suggested method has good predictive power in the case of random disturbances induced by the turbulence of air.
Particle Filter;Bayes Filter;Bio System;Motion Estimation;Petal Flying
- Xia, F. and Jiang, L., 2008, "Bio-inspired, Smart, Multiscale Interfacial Materials," Advanced Materials, Vol. 20, No. 15, pp. 2842-2858. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.200800836
- KALMAN, R., A New Approach to Linear Filtering and Prediction Problems1.
- Ljung, L., 1979, "Asymptotic Behavior of the Extended Kalman Filter as a Parameter Estimator for Linear Systems," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 36-50. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1979.1101943
- Julier, S. J. and Uhlmann, J. K., 1997, "In New Extension of the Kalman Filter to Nonlinear Systems," AeroSense'97, International Society for Optics and Photonics, pp. 182-193.
- Marins, J. L., Yun, X., Bachmann, E. R., McGhee, R. B. and Zyda, M. J., 2001, "In An Extended Kalman Filter for Quaternion-Based Orientation Estimation Using MARG Sensors," Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol. 4, pp. 2003-2011.
- St-Pierre, M. and Gingras, D., 2004, "In Comparison Between the Unscented Kalman Filter and the Extended Kalman Filter for the Position Estimation Module of an Integrated Navigation Information System," Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 831-835.
- Nummiaro, K., Koller-Meier, E. and Gool, L. V., 2003, "An Adaptive Color-based Particle Filter," Image and Vision Computing, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 99-110.
- Khan, Z., Balch, T. and Dellaert, F., 2004, "An MCMC-based Particle Filter for Tracking Multiple Interacting Targets," In Computer Vision-ECCV Springer, Vol. 2, pp. 279-290.
- Chang, C. and Ansari, R., 2005, "Kernel Particle Filter for Visual Tracking," IEEE Signal processing letters, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 242-245. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2004.842254
- Nummiaro, K., Koller-Meier, E. and Gool, L. V., 2002, "Object Tracking with an Adaptive Color-based Particle Filter," In Pattern Recognition, Springer, pp. 353-360.
- Arulampalam, M. S., Maskell, S., Gordon, N. and Clapp, T., 2002, "A Tutorial on Particle Filters for Online Nonlinear/Non-Gaussian Bayesian Tracking," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 174-188. https://doi.org/10.1109/78.978374
- Dellaert, F.; Fox, D., Burgard, W. and Thrun, S., 1999, "In Monte Carlo Localization for Mobile Robots," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1322-1328.
- Doucet, A., Godsill, S. and Andrieu, C., 2000, "On Sequential Monte Carlo Sampling Methods for Bayesian Filtering," Statistics and Computing, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 197-208. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008935410038
- Pines, D. J. and Bohorquez, F., 2006, "Challenges Facing Future Micro-air-vehicle Development," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 290-305. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.4922
- Murphy, J. T. and Hu, H., 2010, "An Experimental Study of a Bio-inspired Corrugated Airfoil for Micro Air Vehicle Applications," Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 531-546. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00348-010-0826-z