- Volume 40 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Butt Weldability for SS400 Using Laser-Arc Hybrid Welding
레이저-아크 하이브리드 용접을 이용한 SS400의 맞대기 용접 특성
- Received : 2016.04.10
- Accepted : 2016.05.30
- Published : 2016.07.01
This study presents results of an experimental investigation of the laser-arc, hybrid, butt welding process of SS400 structural steel. Welding parameters including laser power, welding current and speed were varied in order to obtain one-pass, full-penetration welds without defects. The conditions that resulted in optimal beads were identified. After welding, hardness measurements and microstructure observations were carried out in order to study weld properties. The mechanical properties of both the base material and welded specimen were compared based on the results of tensile strength measurements. The yield and tensile strengths were found to be similar.
Butt Welding;Laser-arc Hybrid Welding;Welding Parameter;Weld Properties;Mechanical Properties
- Gerritsen, Christoph H. J. and Howarth, David J., 2005, "A Review of the Development and Application of Laser-Arc Hybrid Welding in European Shipbuilding," 11th CF/DRDC International Meeting on Naval Application of Materials Technology.
- Yamaoka, 2008, Application of Laser Processing in the Heavy Industry Field, Collection of papers for the 70t Meeting of The Laser Society of Japan.
- Koga, H. and Goda, H., 2010, "First Application of Hybrid Laser-arc Welding to Commercial Ships," Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Technical Review, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 59-64.
- Bagger, C. and Olsen, FO, 2005, "Review of Laser Hybrid Welding," Japan Laser Application, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 2-5.
- Ribic B., 2009, "Problems and Issues in Laser-Arc Hybrid welding," Int Mater Rev, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 223-44. https://doi.org/10.1179/174328009X411163
- Roepke, C., 2009, "Hybrid Laser Arc Hybrid Welding of HY-80 Steel," Weld J.
- Roepke, C. and Liu, S., 2010, "Hybrid Laser Arc Welding Process Evaluation on DH36 and EH36 Steel," Weld J, Vol. 89, pp. 140-150.