- Volume 40 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Automation for Pick Arrangement Design of a Cutting Head Attachment Using RecurDyn/ProcessNet
RecurDyn/ProcessNet을 이용한 커팅헤드 어태치먼트의 픽 배열 설계 자동화
- Received : 2016.02.25
- Accepted : 2016.05.12
- Published : 2016.07.01
A cutting head is an attachment on the front of an excavator that cuts or grinds rocks. Cutting tools, called pick cutters, are arranged on the surface of the cutting head. The exact arrangement and configuration of pick cutters is one of the most important factors in determining grinding efficiency. This study focuses on the problem of automation for pick arrangement design, in order to make the design process more efficient and convenient. Design automation was carried out using RecurDyn/ProcessNet, and it was composed of three parts: 'Drum set', 'Pick load', and 'Pick arrangement' sections. The presented method helps to decrease costs attributed to designing cutting heads and can be used to generate a wide range of attachment mechanisms.
Cutting Head Attachment;Pick Arrangement;Multibody Dynamics;RecurDyn/ProcessNet;Automation Design
- Goktan, R. and Gunes, N., 2005, "A Semi-Empirical Approach to Cutting Force Prediction for Point-Attack Picks," JS Afr Inst Min Metall, Vol. 105, pp. 257-263.
- Choi, S.-W., Chang, S.-H., Park, Y.-T. and Lee, G.-P., 2014, "Performance Estimation of Conical Picks with Slim Design by the Linear Cutting Test (I): Depending on Attack Angle Variation," Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 16, No. 6, p. 573. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.6.573
- Choi, S.-W., Chang, S.-H., Park, Y.-T. and Lee, G.-P., 2014, "Performance Estimation of Conical Picks with Slim Design by the Linear Cutting Test (II): Depending on Skew Angle Variation," Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 16, No. 6, p. 585. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.6.585
- Hekimoglu, O. Z. and Fowell, R. J., 1991, "Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Circumferential Pick Spacing on Boom Tunneling Machine Cutting Heads," Mining Science and Technology, 13, pp. 257-270 https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-9031(91)90397-U
- Ergin, H. and Acaroglu, O., 2007, "The Effect of Machine Design Parameters on the Stability of a Roadheader," Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, 22, pp. 80-89. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2006.04.003
- Du, C.-L., LIU S.-Y., CUI, X.-X. and LI, T.-J., 2008, "Study on Pick Arrangement of Shearer Drum Based on Load Fluctuation," J China Univ Mining & Technol, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 305-310. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1006-1266(08)60065-6
- FunctionBay, 2010, "RecurDyn ProcessNet Help," http://www.functionbay.co.kr/documentation/onlinehelp/default.htm#!Documents/processnet3.htm.
- Pio, R. L., 1966, "Euler Angle Transformations," Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 707-715. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1966.1098430
Supported by : 한국생산기술연구원