- Volume 20 Issue 6
The number of cyclists is on the steady growing for leisure and transportation with the increasing interest in health and environment. However, the number of cycling accidents is also increasing steadily due to the lack of safety awareness and regulations. Focusing on this issue, we propose and develop a smart LED bicycle helmet in order to reduce a risk of cycling accident. The main idea is to change status of the LED on the helmet based on the bicycle's movement and provide motion information of the bicycle for others. To control the LED lights on the helmet, we use the Arduino board which communicates with the LED module through serial connection. We decide motion information by using the values from acceleration and GPS sensors of the smartphone. To receive this information from the smartphone, the control board and the smartphone are connected by Bluetooth.
Wearable Device;Arduino;Blutooth Communication;Sensor
- S. Li, L. D. Xu, and S. Zhao. "The internet of things: a survey," Information Systems Frontiers, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 243-259, April 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10796-014-9492-7
- L. Atzori, A. Iera, and G. Morabito. "The Internet of Things: A survey," Computer networks, vol. 54, no. 15, pp. 2787-2805, Oct. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2010.05.010
- S. H. Seo and S. W. Jang, "Design and Implementation of a smart shoes module based on Arduino," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 2697-2702, Nov. 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.11.2697
- Y. M. Oh and S. W. Lee, "IoT and the Open Source Development Platform," Communications of KIISE, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 25-30, June 2014.
- J. Ko, S. G. Hong, B. B. Lee, and N. S. Kim, "Trends of Converging Smart Devices with IoT Technology," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 79-85, Aug. 2013.
- D. Kim and S. Choi, "A Design and Implementation of the Easy Payment by Using Mobile Device," Journal of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 607-614, May 2015. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.5.607
- D. Kim, S. Kim, and E. Jin, "The Research on iBeacon technology trend and issue," Korea Computer Congress, Busan, Korea, pp. 390-392, 2014.
- Design of School Commuting System using Beacon vol.20, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.10.1941