- Volume 20 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Online Monitoring System based notifications on Mobile devices with Kinect V2
키넥트와 모바일 장치 알림 기반 온라인 모니터링 시스템
- Received : 2016.05.19
- Accepted : 2016.06.08
- Published : 2016.06.30
Kinect sensor version 2 is a kind of camera released by Microsoft as a computer vision and a natural user interface for game consoles like Xbox one. It allows acquiring color images, depth images, audio input and skeletal data with a high frame rate. In this paper, using depth image, we present a surveillance system of a certain area within Kinect's field of view. With computer vision library(Emgu CV), if an object is detected in the target area, it is tracked and kinect camera takes RGB image to send it in database server. Therefore, a mobile application on android platform was developed in order to notify the user that Kinect has sensed strange motion in the target region and display the RGB image of the scene. User gets the notification in real-time to react in the best way in the case of valuable things in monitored area or other cases related to a reserved zone.
Depth Image;Emgu CV;Kinect V2;Monitoring System
- R. Tamada. Android Push Notifications using Google Cloud Messaging (GCM), PHP and MySQL [Internet]. Available: http://www.androidhive.info/2012/10/android-push-notifications-using-google-cloud-messaging-gcm-php-and-mysql/.
- Security Camera & Video Surveillance Systems Experts. DVR (Digital video recorder) Management [internet]. Available: http://www.videosurveillance.com/cctv-technlogy/intro-to-cc tv.asp.
- SKJM, LLC. Icam Help: Overview on Icam [Internet]. Available: http://skjm.com/help
- D. Pagliari and L. Pinto.(2015, October). Calibration of kinect for Xbox One Comparison between the two Generations of Microsoft sensors. Sensors 2015[Online]. ISSN 1424-8220, pp.27569-27589. Available:www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors .
- H. Sarbolandi, D. Lefloch and A. Kolb.(2015, October). Kinect Range Sensing: Structured- Light versus Time-of-Flight kinect. Computer Vision and Image Understanding [Online]. vol. 139, pp.1-20. Available: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1077314215001071.
- D. Zoltowski. Creating Windows Application with Kinect Functionality [Internet]. Available: http//www.egr.msu.edu/classes/ece480/capstone/spring15/group02/assets/docs/dzappnote.pdf.
- L. Yang, L. Zhang, H. Dong, A. Alelaiwi and A. Saddik, "Evaluating and Improving the Depth Accuracy of Kinect for Windows v2," IEEE Sensor Journal, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 4275-4285, Aug. 2015 . https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2015.2416651
- H. A. ALABBASI, F. Moldovenau, A. Moldovenau and Z. Shhedi, "Facial Emotion Expressions Recognition With Brain Activities using Kinect sensor v2," International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology(IRJET), vol. 2, no. 2, pp.421-428, May 2015.
- E. Klimczak. Blob Tracking :Kinect+OpenCV+WPF [Internet]. Available: http://blogs.claritycon.com/blog/2012/11/blob-tracking-kinect-opencv-wpf/.
Supported by : Dongeui University's