- Volume 20 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Reading Children's Mind from Digital Drawings based on Dominant Color Analysis using ART2 Clustering and Fuzzy Logic
ART2 군집화와 퍼지 논리를 이용한 디지털 그림의 색채 주조색 분석에 의한 아동 심리 분석
- Received : 2016.05.21
- Accepted : 2016.06.08
- Published : 2016.06.30
For young children who are not spontaneous or not accurate in verbal communication of their emotions and experiences, drawing is a good means of expressing their status in mind and thus drawing analysis with chromatics is a traditional tool for art therapy. Recently, children enjoy digital drawing via painting tools thus there is a growing needs to develop an automatic digital drawing analysis tool based on chromatics and art therapy theory. In this paper, we propose such an analyzing tool based on dominant color analysis. Technically, we use ART2 clustering and fuzzy logic to understand the fuzziness of subjects' status of mind expressed in their digital drawings. The frequency of color usage is fuzzified with respect to the membership functions. After applying fuzzy logic to this fuzzified central vector, we determine the dominant color and supporting colors from the digital drawings and children's status of mind is then analyzed according to the color-personality relationships based on Alschuler and Hattwick's historical researches.
Alschuler and Hattwick;ART2;Art Theraphy;Dominant Color Analysis;Fuzzy Inference
- H. J. Park, Understanding of Diagnosis in Art Therapy, Paju, Yangseowon, 2009.
- C. A. Malchiodi, Understanding Children's Drawings, NY, Hakjisa, 2001.
- J. I. Choe, Children's Art Teaching, Michigan, Hyungseul, 1998.
- D. J Kong, D. Y Jeong, Y. W. Woo, J. H. Cho, K. B. Kim, "Psychology Analysis using Dominant Color and Location Information," Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Science, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 381-386, February 2011.
- K. B. Kim, Y. W. Woo, "A Study on Sensitivity Analysis by Fuzzy Inference Rules using Color and Location Information," International Journal of Maritime Information and Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 268-274, March 2009.
- D. H. Song, H. K. Rhee, J. H. Kim, J. H. Lee, "Reading Children's Emotions based on the Fuzzy Inference and Theories of Chromotherapy," International Information Institute (Tokyo). Information, vol. 19, no. 3, p. 735, March 2016.
- R. Alschuler, L. A. Hattwick, Painting and Personality. Volumes I and II, Chicago:The University of Chicago Press, 1947.
- K. B. Kim, D. H. Song, "Defect Detection Method using Fuzzy Stretching and ART2 Learning from Ceramic Images," International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 29-38, September 2014.