- Volume 20 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Performance Evaluation of Automatic license plate recognition program using Emgu CV
Emgu CV를 이용한 자동차 번호판 자동 인식 프로그램의 성능 평가에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.05.19
- Accepted : 2016.06.08
- Published : 2016.06.30
LPR(License plate recognition) is a kind of the most popular surveillance technology based on accompanied by a video and video within the optical character recognition. LPR need a many process. One is a localization of car license plates, license plate of size, space, contrast, normalized to adjust the brightness, another is character division for recognize the character optical character recognition to win the individual characters, character recognition, the other is phrase analysis of the shape, size, position by year, the procedure for the analysis by comparing the database of license plate having a difference by region. In this paper, describing the results of performance of license plate recognition S/W, which was implemented using EmguCV, find the location, using the tesseract OCR, which are well known to an optical character recognition engine of open source, the characters of the license plate image capturing angle of the plate, image size, brightness.
- Shin shi, "Emgu CV and computer vision programming teseract collected by OCR," Korea, Acorn Publisher, 2014.
- M. Ko, "Effective License Plate Character Recognition Based on Geometric Invariant Features," Ph. D. dissertation, Kyungpook National University, 2004.
- B. Enyedi, L. Konyha, and K. Fazekas, "Real Time Number Plate Localization Algorithms," J. of Electrical Engineering, vol.57, no.2, pp.69-77, April, 2006.
- GitHub, Inc. Tesseract is an Open Source OCR engine [Internet], Available: http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr
- Pixel technology SARL [Internet], Aviable : http://www.pixel-technology .com/freeware/tessnet2/