- Volume 20 Issue 6
As society has developed rapidly toward a highly advanced digital information age, a multimedia communication service for acquisition, transmission and storage of image data as well as voice has being commercialized. However, image data is always corrupted by various noises during image processing, so researches for removing noises have been continued until now. There are diverse types of noise on the image including salt and pepper noise, AWGN, and mixed noise. Hence, the filter algorithm for the image recovery was proposed that salt and pepper noise was processed by linear interpolation, histogram weighted values and median filter after defining the noise to lessen the impact of mixed noise added in the image, and AWGN was processed by the pixel information of local mask establishing the weighted values in this study. In addition, the algorithm was compared with the conventional methods for objectively and used the PSNR(peak signal to noise ratio) as the basis of the determination.
Mixed noise;Noise removal;Switching filter;PSNR
- K. N. Plataniotis and A. N. Venetsanopoulos, Color Image Processing and Applications, 1st ed. Berlin, Germany: Springer, 2000.
- R. C. Gonzalez and R.E. woods, Digital Image Processing, 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2008.
- A. S. A wad and H. Man, "High Performance Detection Filter for Impulse Noise Removal in Images," IEEE Electronic Letters, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 192-194, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20083401
- Se-Ik Kwon and Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on Modified Spatial Weighted Filter in Mixed Noise Environments," JKIICE, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 237-243, Jan. 2015.
- Oten, Remzi and De Figueiredo, Rlui J P, "Adaptive Alpha-Trimmed Mean Filters Under Deviations From Assumed Noise Model," IEEE Trans, Image Processing, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 627-639, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2003.821115
- Jiahui Wang and Jingxing Hong, "A New Selt-Adaptive Weighted Filter for Removing Noise in Infrared images," IEEE Information Engineering and Computer Science, ICIECS International Conference, pp.1-4, Dec. 2009.
- Xu Long and Nam-Ho Kim, "An Image Restoration using Nonlinear Filter in Mixed Noise Environment," JKIICE, vol.17, no.10, pp.2447-2453, Oct. 2013.
- Gao Yinyu and Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on Removing Impulse Noise using Modified Adaptive Switching Median Filter," JKIICE, vol.15, no.11, pp.2474-2479, Nov. 2011.