- Volume 42 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Humidifier Disinfectant Amounts Inhaled into the Respiratory System
가습기 살균제 피해자 호흡기로 흡입된 가습기 살균제 양 추정 - 호흡기 외부(external) 및 내부 노출(internal exposure) 추정 방법과 사례 -
Park, Dong-Uk;Ryu, Seung-Hun;Lim, Heung-Kyu;Kim, Sun-Kyung;Roh, Hyun-Suk;Cha, Won-Seok;Park, Dooyong
- Received : 2016.05.24
- Accepted : 2016.06.13
- Published : 2016.06.30
In South Korea, many cases of humidifier disinfectant-associated lung injury (HDLI) have been reported among people who used humidifier products containing humidifier disinfectant (HD). The objectives of this study are to estimate both airborne HD concentration in the room where HD was used and the amount of humidifier disinfectant absorbed into the respiratory system. Information and data on the HDs were collected using a structured questionnaire and home environmental investigations include the volume of HD (ml) and hours used per day, concentration of disinfectants contained in the HD brand (
CMIT;humidifier disinfectant (HD);humidifier disinfectant-associated lung injury (HDLI);MIT;PGH;PHMG
- Park DU, Ryu SH, Lim HK, Kim SK, Ahn J, Roh HS, et al. Characteristics of exposrue to humidfier disinfectatnt by lung injury patients. J Environ Health Sci. 2016; 42(3): 147-159.
- Park DU, Friesen MC, Roh HS, Choi YY, Ahn JJ, Lim HK, et al. Estimating retrospective exposure of household humidifier disinfectants. Indoor Air. 2015; 25(6): 631-640. https://doi.org/10.1111/ina.12180
- KCDC. Analytical results of the chemical components of various humidifier disinfectant brands from KCDC's parliamentary inspection. Department of epidemiology research, Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention; 2011.
- Buonanno G, Morawska L, Stabile L, Wang L, Giovinco G. A comparison of submicrometer particle dose between Australian and Italian people. Environ Pollut. 2012; 169: 183-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2012.03.002
- US EPA. Metabolically Derived Human Ventilation Rates: A Revised Approach based upon Oxygen Consumption Rates, National Center for Environmental Assessment, Office of Research and Development; 2009. 600/R-06/129F.
- National Institute of Environemtal Research(NIEH), Korean Exposure Factors for Children; 2015. p.45-61.
- KCDC, Aerosolizaation of humdifier disinfectants, 4th ed. Public Health Weekly Report, Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC);2011. P.831-832.
- Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). 1st Study on the relationship between the use of humidifier disinfectant and lung injury; 2014. p.6-9.
- Korea Environmental Protection Agency. 2nd Study on the relationship between the use of humidifier disinfectant and lung injury. 1st ed. 2015.
- Characteristics of Exposure to Humidifier Disinfectant by Lung Injury Patients vol.42, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2016.42.3.147