- Volume 30 Issue 3
In this study, the model developed by Hong (2012) was modified to describe the consecutive docking/undocking situation and was also applied to investigate the effect on seawater circulation in Busan port by consecutive docking/undocking at the connecting bridge of Busan port. Numerical experiments for various docking/undocking cases were performed by dumping the initial concentration within Busan Port and indicated that the concentration in Busan port becomes steady state without numerical wiggles after sufficient time (at least 20 or 30 days). In addition, it was found that the seawater circulation under ship docking was slightly reduced in comparison with that under ship undocking, and the approach time to the target concentration under all the docking cases increased in comparison with the undocking case.
Docking and undocking of ship;Approaching time to target concentration;Steady state;Connecting bridge of Busan port
- Bryan, K., 1969. A Numerical Method for the Study of the Circulation of the World Ocean. Journal of Computational Physics, 4, 347-376. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9991(69)90004-7
- Demin, Y.L., Ibraev, R.A., 1989. A Numerical Method of Calculation of Currents and Sea Surface Topography in Multiply Conneted Domains of the Ocean. Soviet Journal of Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Modelling, 4(3), 211-225.
- Dukowicz, J.K., Smith, R.D., Malone, R.C., 1993. A Reformulation and Implementation of the Bryan-Cox-Semtner Ocean Model on the Connection Machine. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 10, 195-208. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0426(1993)010<0195:ARAIOT>2.0.CO;2
- Elder, J.W., 1959. The Dispersion of a Marked Fluid in a Turbulent Shear Flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 5, 544-560. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112059000374
- Hong, N.S., Kim, G.Y., Kang, Y.G., 2008. Three Dimensional Numerical Model for Flow with Silt Protector. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 22(3), 1-7.
- Hong, N.S., 2009. Three Dimensional Numerical Model for Flow with Floating Structures Using Rigid Lid Boundary Condition. Proceedings of KOASTS, May, Changwon, Republic of Korea.
- Hong, N.S., 2012. The Application of Rigid Lid Boundary Condition for Three Dimensional Flow Analysis beneath the Floating Structure. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 26(5), 55-62.
- Jager, B., Schijndel, S.V., 2000. 3D Computations around Structures. Report Q2487, WL∣Delft Hydraulics, Delft, Netherlands.
- Klemp, J.B., Durran, D.R., 1983, An Upper Boundary Condition Permitting Internal Gravity Wave radiation in Numerical Mesoscale Models. Monthly Weather Review, 111, 430-444. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0493(1983)111<0430:AUBCPI>2.0.CO;2
- Kornilov, V.I., Kharitonov, A.M., 1984. Investigation of the Structure of Turbulent Flows in Streamwise Asymmetric Corner Configurations. Exeriments in Fluids, 2, 205-212. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00571867
- Leendertse, J.J., Alexander, R.C., Liu, S.K., 1973. A Three-Dimensional Model for Estuaries and Coastal Seas: I - Principles of Computation. Report R-1417-OWRT, The Rand Corporation, Santa Monica.
- Leendertse, J.J., Gritton, E.C., 1971. A Water-Quality Simulation Model for Well Mixed Estuaries and Coastal Seas: II - Computation Procedures. Report R-708-NYC, The Rand Corporation, Santa Monica.
- Leendertse, J.J., Liu, S.K., 1975. A Three-Dimensional Model for Estuaries and Coastal Seas: II - Aspects of Comtutation. Report R-1764-OWRT, The Rand Corporation, Santa Monica.
- Marchuk G.I., Sarkisyan, A.S., 1986. Mathematical Modelling of Ocean Circulation. Springer, Berlin, 226-292.
- Stelling, G.S., Leendertse, J.J., 1991. Approximation of Convective Processes by Cyclic ACI Methods. Proceedings of 2nd ASCE Conference on Estuarine and Coastal Modelling, Tampa.