- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Settlement and Scour Characteristics of Artificial Reef according to Reinforced Ground
해저지반 보강에 따른 인공어초의 침하 및 세굴 특성
- Received : 2016.01.26
- Accepted : 2016.06.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
Recently in Korea, a marine ranching project has continued to grow with the increasing needs of sea development. Management techniques, including settlement reduction and scour protection, have been required for constructing and maintaining the artificial reefs of this marine ranching project. The generation of settlement and scour can be influenced by ground characteristics. In this study, various laboratory tests (penetration test, two-dimensional water tank test) were performed to determine the settlement and scour characteristics of artificial reefs under various ground conditions. Three kinds of ground reinforcement were prepared: unreinforced, geogrid, and hybrid bamboo mat. Penetration test results showed that the normalized settlement ratio of ground reinforced with a hybrid bamboo mat was smaller than those of unreinforced ground and geogrid-reinforced ground. Two-dimensional water tank test results showed that the scour characteristics of ground reinforced with a geogrid were more reduced and stable than unreinforced ground. The amount of scour and ground settlement also decreased with increasing reinforced area.
- Kim, D.K., Kim, W.K., Son, Y.S., Yoon, J.T., Gong, Y.G., Kim, Y.D., Lee, J.H., 2008. Settlement Characteristics of Three Type of Artificial Reefs on Sandy Bottom in the Eastern Coast of Korea. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 32(2), 359-364. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2008.32.2.359
- Duzbastilar, F.O., Lok, A., Uas, A., Metin, C., 2006. Recent developments on artificial reef applications in Turkey: hydraulic experiments. Bulletin of Marine Science, 78(1), 195-202.
- Ingsrisawang, V., Ban, M., Kimura, H., 1995. Comparative study on the sinking of artificial reefs by local scour between laboratory and field experiments. Fisheries engineering, 32(2), 95-103.
- Kim, D.K., Suh, S.H., Cho, J.K., Kim, C.G., Choi, I.H., Kim, B.S., 2010. Settlement Characteristics of Square Reefs installed on Soft Seafloor Ground. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 34(1), 163-167. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2010.34.1.163
- Kim, J.Q., Mizutani, N., Iwata, K., 1995. Experimental study on the local scour and embedment of fish reef by wave action in shallow water depth. Proceeding of civil engineering in the ocean, 12, 243-247.
- Kimura, H., Ingsrisawang, V., Ban, M., 1994. A study on the local scour of cylinder artificial fish reefs. Fisheries engineering, 31, 33-40.
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology (KICT), 1994. The Evaluation of Engineering Characteristics for Domestic Marine Clay. Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology(KICT), 1-149.
- Lee, M.J., Choi, S.K., Choo, H.W., Cho, Y.S., Lee, W.J., 2008. Uniformity of Large Gypsum-cemented Specimens Fabricated by Air Pluviation Method. Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, 24(1), 91-99.
- Oh, S.J., 2008. Acoustical Investigations on the Distribution Characteristics of Fish School at the Artificial Reefs Area of Suyeong Man; Busan. Pukyong National University, Master's thesis, 1-22.
- Manoukian, S., Fabi, G., Naar, D.F., 2011. Multibeam investigation of an artificial reef settlement in the adriatic sea(Italy) 33 years after its deployment. Brazilian Journal of oceanography, 59, 145-153.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (MOF), 2014, Oceans and Fisheries Statistics. Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, 3-158.
- National Institute of Fisheries Science (NFRDI) - South Sea Fisheries Research Institute, 2007. Artificial reef Management report; Jeollanam-Do Province. NFRID, 15-68.
- Raineault, N.A., Trembanis, A.C., Miller, D.C., Capone, V., 2013. Interannual changes in seafloor surficial geology at an artificial reef site on the inner continental shelf. Continental shelf research 58, 67-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csr.2013.03.008
- Sohn, B.K., 2007. An Experimental Study on the Stability of Artificial Reefs for Shellfish and Seaweed. Journal of the Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, 21(6), 120-124.
- Sohn, B.K., Lee, J.W., Yi, B.H., Yoon, H.S., 2010. Hydraulic Characteristics of Two Types of Pyramid-Shaped Artificial Reefs. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 34(5), 725-734. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2010.34.5.725
- Sohn, B.K., Yi, B.H., Yoon, H.S., 2011. Hydraulic Characteristics of Train Carriage Artificial Reef in Wave and Current Field Conditions. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 35(1), 108-117. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2011.35.1.108
- Suh, S.H., 2008. Geotechnical Scour Characteristics Around Artificial Reefs. Chonnam National University, PhD's thesis, 1-121.
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 부경대학교