- Volume 21 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Determination of Mercury Ion in Contaminated Soil by Rhodamine B Hydrazide
형광화학센서를 이용한 용출기반 토양 수은 오염조사
- Received : 2016.02.01
- Accepted : 2016.03.02
- Published : 2016.06.30
Rhodamine B Hydrazide as a novel fluorescent and colorimetric probe exhibiting remarkably selective fluorescence enhancement toward Hg2+ ion over other 16 metal ions is herein introduced. The probe reacts with Hg2+ ion followed by its spirolactam ring-opening to give a remarkable enhancement of absorption maximum at 550 nm as well as an enhanced fluorescence intensity at 580 nm in aqueous media. Upon titration with Hg2+ ion in various concentration of 10~200 uM, we found that the probe shows a marked color change from colorless to pink, enabling naked-eye detection toward mercury ion. In addition, in the presence of Hg2+ ion, the probe gave rise to change from non-florescence to strong orange fluorescence (Off-On) with a good linearity of R2=0.97. This preliminary results demonstrate that the fluorescent chemosensor we herein introduced can open a new strategy for marked selective and sensitive detection of mercury ions in contaminated soil containing various metal ions.
Mercury detection;Fluorescence chemosensor;Soil contamination;Extraction
- Long, F., Zhu, A., Shi, H., Wang, H., and Liu, J., 2013, Rapid on-site/in-situ detection of heavy metal ions in environmental water using a structure-switching DNA optical biosensor, Sci. Rep., 3.
- Cui, X. and Zhang, H.M., 2014, Study on the construction and performance of a Hg(II)-sensing system having an “off–on” probe derived from rhodamine and an up-conversion excitation core, J. Lumin., 145, 539-546. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jlumin.2013.08.029
- Darbha, G.K., Ray, A., and Ray, P.C., 2007, Gold nanoparticle-based miniaturized nanomaterial surface energy transfer probe for rapid and ultrasensitive detection of mercury in soil, water, and fish, Acs Nano, 1(3), 208-214. https://doi.org/10.1021/nn7001954
- Dujols, V., Ford, F., and Czarnik, A.W., 1997, A long-wave-length fluorescent chemodosimeter selective for Cu (II) ion in water, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 119(31), 7386-7387. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja971221g
- Ministry of Environment (MOE), 2009, Soil conservation basic Plan (#11-1480000-001048-01).
- National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER), 2005, Evaluation and establishment of the soil pollution standards (II) (#11-1480083-000268-10).
- Tessier, A., Campbell, P.G., and Bisson, M., 1979, Sequential extraction procedure for the speciation of particulate trace metals, Anal. Chem., 51(7), 844-851. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac50043a017
- Yoon, J., 2009, Fluorescent Chemosensors, KBCS, 4(1), 3-6.